Anti-Feminist Mailbag: Less is More Edition

This just in.

Men > Women.
Men are simply better at everything.
Oh yeah, one last thing: there is no large scale, man-driven absurd conspiracy against women. You’re just stupid. Wake up.
-A Man

Hey A Man, tell us what you really think! I am not sure if I can ever debunk such a well articulated message.

1. Comrade Kevin
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

Men = Women.
    No one is better than anyone else at anything. Nothing is quite as vague as the sentence that came before this one.
    Oh yeah, one last thing: there is no large scale, woman-driven absurd conspiracy against men. It is unfortunate that you believe otherwise.
    -A Man (Feminist)

2. Chelsa
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

I hate to go straight for the obvious, but I’ve never seen a guy deliver a baby… and that’s definitely within the realm of “everything”.
    Silly boys.
    (Chelsa, stop feeding the trolls!)

3. Caro13
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Permalink

I am forever awed by the all the emails that you and other feminist blogs get that essentially boil down to, “I am a sexist man who is threatened by your attempts to fight male privilege and create equality… but there is no widespread sexism or entrenched patriarchy in our culture! You are delusional!”

4. stabbygail
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

there is no large scale, man-driven absurd conspiracy against women.
    So you admit that the conspiracy is quite serious. A-HA!

5. MLEmac28
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

I’m sure this guy posts on 4chan and thinks he is the funniest person alive.

6. DireSloth
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Permalink

Ah, I missed these. The AF Mail is always good for a roffle XD

7. Marc
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Permalink

Wow, the first troll who can spell quite decently. Though he did miss a period.
    Sometimes I wonder if the writers of the Colbert Report are behind all the hate mail you receive. That’s the only logical explanation.

8. 73666673
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

“Men = Women. No one is better than anyone else at anything.”
    That’s silly, men ? women. The best male athletes are much stronger and faster than the best female athletes. Women give birth, men do not, so in a sense you could say women are “better” at giving birth than men, since men can’t do it all.
    You can argue about other differences that exist, but those two are straight forward and are self evident.
    Neither gender is superior to each other, but each is unique and different and we shouldn’t ignore that.

9. open_sketch
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

Wait wait, I just have to ask… do you mean to imply that the people sending these letters are doing so as satire, or that the Colbert Report writers are serious?

10. Kim C.
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

Premise: Men are better than women at everything.
    Premise: “Everything” includes being total jackasses.
    Conclusion: Men are better than women at being total jackasses.
    Not the idea I think you were going for.

11. jellyleelips
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

Um… I hope you mean that the genders are different ON AVERAGE, and that individuals of each gender are very much the same.

12. ErikB
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

“there is no large scale, man-driven absurd conspiracy against women. You’re just stupid. Wake up.”
    He’s right; it’s not absurd at all. It’s quite reasonable given the benefits he enjoys from male privilege. We should all wake up to this fact. I enjoyed this thoughtful statement from an obviously concerned male feminist.

13. ShyFoxie
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

I am also perfectly fine with guys like this being better at making total asses of themselves.

14. Brittany
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

“The best male athletes are much stronger and faster than the best female athletes”
    This is simply untrue, friend. Female athletes are faster and stronger then male athletes DEPENDING on the sport. Sprinting? Men, sure. Ski-jumping? Not so much.
    Also, men CAN give birth. You should Google “pregnant man”, lol.

15. Marc
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

The former, of course. No one is that stupid, I don’t think.

16. Chelsa
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

I meant to say cis-men. Mea culpa. Aplogies.

17. 73666673
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

I’m talking about raw strength and raw speed, measured best by events like Olympic weight lifting and Olympic sprinting (100m). In this respect, men are much faster and stronger than women.

18. 73666673
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 5:59 pm | Permalink

I mean on average as well as when looking at the best in a category, such as the aforementioned attributes of strength and speed. There are plenty of women who are stronger or faster than men, but the strongest or fastest man is going to be stronger or faster than the best woman in these areas.
    And, on average, men are bigger, stronger, and faster than women.

19. nella
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

What does he even mean by that? Can he play classical piano and speak six languages like my grandmother? Or be one of the leading British biochemists of his generation like my great aunt? I dont know maybe he can. Whatever dude.

20. Vexing
    Posted March 12, 2010 at 4:48 am | Permalink

Well then they can stick to lifting heavy things and leave the thinking to the women :-D

21. Vexing
    Posted March 12, 2010 at 4:51 am | Permalink

He’s right; men are better at domestic violence, arson, pedophilia and whole host of shit.
    MEN WIN!

22. qtiger
    Posted March 12, 2010 at 6:27 am | Permalink

4chan is my secret unfeminist weakness.

23. Diana Landen
    Posted March 12, 2010 at 9:22 am | Permalink

This is a strange thing to say right now. Women are more successful in school and college. They are earning more degrees than men.

24. cmb
    Posted March 12, 2010 at 10:25 am | Permalink

stop feeding the trolls

25. Anonymous
    Posted March 12, 2010 at 10:25 am | Permalink

well, that guy just explains everything. My tiny lady brain is now full.

26. LurkinMerkin
    Posted March 12, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

MY tiny lady brain can’t comprehend the entirety of the truth A Man just bestowed upon us, so I will have to go back to my silly feminist ways. I’m just too inferior to understand that I’m supposed to be inferior.

27. CaroJ
    Posted March 12, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Permalink

So, you think that being bigger and stronger means being “better”? Rubbish….

28. Toongrrl
    Posted March 12, 2010 at 11:33 pm | Permalink

Oh, my tiny girl brain can’t compensate for anything, even if I was Honor Roll throughout middle school and graduated a semester early in high school!!!!