Wow. You are all amazing! You helped Feministing #TimesTen reach its $30,000 funding goal within two weeks, and the numbers keep climbing. So far, over 700 backers have given an average pledge amount of about $40, showing that our community can do truly amazing things when we come together. I agree with what Jos tweeted yesterday:
— Jos Truitt (@jostruitt) December 3, 2013
To that end, we’ll be riding out the next two weeks to get all the funds we can. We’re adding a stretch goal of $50,000 – that’s an additional $20,000 to raise in the second half of our month-long Kickstarter campaign. Every dollar over $30,000 will go to:
- Paying our brilliant contributors (and ourselves!)
- Making our site redesign slicker and stronger
- Sending bloggers to cover relevant conferences and events
- Hosting an epic celebration party in January 2014, which each and every one of you is invited to by donating even $1
- Helping us form a strong, sustainable development structure and get really good at raising funds from other sources
- And if we make it all the way to $50,000 we will use the extra funds to launch a Feministing podcast with the site redesign.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your support so far! Please keep spreading the word about our Kickstarter. We’re so psyched to show you what we have in store for you.
Lori Adelman is grateful.