Yesterday was a pretty rough day for anyone who cares about abortion access. So, for this week’s Feministing Follow Friday, in honor of self-care and in recognition of the fact that everything is the worst, here are Twitter accounts by/about four inanimate objects and one bird. They make me feel a little better.
- Carrot Facts (@RealCarrotFacts): Carrot is one of the most famous vegetable in the world.
- Kale (@daily_kale): Official fabric of dragon and bear clothes. Most cruciferous of the crucifers.
- anti joke apple (@antijokeapple): I’m that apple you don’t bring home to your parents.
- Banana Facts (@TheBananaFacts): real banana facts
- birdsrightsactivist (@ProBirdRights): Hello yes this is a bird i am a birdsrightsactivist and fight against antibird sentiment. firstname.lastname@example.org
Next week will be a better week and we will get back to the serious business of Twitter curation so leave recommendations in the comments. We’re particularly interested in on-the-ground organizers tweeting about their work. And, of course, follow @feministing.
Alexandra Brodsky is a very serious journalist.