Last week we kicked off Sexual Assault Awareness Month with five great organizations and collectives working to stop sexual violence — and documenting that work on Twitter. This week we’re back with more recommendations for groups and individuals fighting the good SAAM fight:
- DearSister Anthology (@DearSisAntho): #BelieveSurvivors Letters, poetry & essays for & by survivors of sexual violence & their allies. AK Press. http://www.akpress.org/dear-sister.html … Tweets by Lisa @LFB27
- INCITE (@incitenews): radical feminists of color advancing a movement to end violence against women and trans people of color and our communities. http://www.incite-national.org
- Crystal Feimster (@cfeimster): A feminist historian; teaches in AFAM/AMST at Yale. Raising one Feminist Conscious at a time. Author of Southern Horrors; new project Rape and US Civil War.
- Clery Center (@CleryCenter): The Clery Center for Security On Campus is a non-profit organization focused on promoting campus safety through educational, awareness and policy initiatives.
- Just Detention International (@JustDetention): Just Detention International is a health and human rights organization that seeks to end sexual abuse in all forms of detention.
Leave SAAM twitter recommendations in the comments for next week. We’re particularly interested in local groups organizing against sexual violence. And, of course, follow @feministing.
Alexandra Brodsky spends too much time on the internet.