I watch TV on the internet. I don’t have an actual set (lol), I don’t have any friends who have actual sets, and I don’t have wifi at home. I’m also a law student, which means if I regularly took the time to watch an entire show I would probably die of guilt. So, I “keep up” with TV purely via Twitter — and I always appreciate a good feminist lens (I know, shocking). Here are some of the Feministing crew’s favorite ladies who livetweet shows with equal parts wit and gender analysis.
- Linda Holmes (@nprmonkeysee): Writer at NPR’s pop culture blog, Monkey See; host of NPR’s Pop Culture Happy Hour. Formerly of Television Without Pity.
- Retta (@unfoRETTAble): I’m Donna on Parks & Rec, Duke alum & I cuss a lot. Got an itchy block finger & not afraid to use it. P.S. I real time tweet my favorite shows:
- Alyssa Rosenberg (@AlyssaRosenberg): Features Editor at @ThinkProgress. TV columnist at Women and Hollywood. Member of the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare. Tweets are mine alone.
- Trudy (@thetrudz): Writer & social critic at @GradientLair. Photographer & writer at @driftsojourn. Womanist. Skeptic. Bibliophile. Electric Lady. Cupcake aficionado. INTJ.
- Tope Fadiran Charlton aka Grace (@graceishuman): Woman of many words. @tfcharlton. Black queer feminist Naija. Work at @WGBH on @NewsAndThen (opinions mine, not my employer’s). Intersectionalist bubble 4EVA.
Leave recommendations for next week in the comments! We’re particularly interested in activists covering their work on the ground. And of course follow @feministing.
Alexandra Brodsky spends too much time on the internet.