Still searching for holiday gift ideas for all the feminists in your life? Why not give the gift of Feministing!? For the final week of our Kickstarter campaign, you can donate $25 on behalf of a friend and we’ll send a contact of your choice one of these great feminist greeting cards.
The holidays can be a wonderful time of year, chock full of sappy, sentimental celebrations with family and friends. They can also, for one reason or another, be a time of added anxiety or stress. We think a little extra feminist-on-feminist support is in order, and our custom-made holiday cards are up to the task. We commissioned four original feminism-themed holiday designs from the very talented Brooklyn-based illustrator Jo Cao. And dang, did she deliver. We love these bright, subversive images, and think they’re sure to add some holiday cheer to anyone in your feminist contacts list.
Starting today, for every $25 you pledge to our Kickstarter in its last week of fundraising, you can send one of these original custom designs to a person of your choice. $25 gets you one card sent, $50 gets you two cards, $75 gets you three, and so on. If you’ve already donated, you can still take part by increasing your donation by $25 or more. The card will read “Happy Holidays from one feminist rabble-rouser to another.” and will let your contact know that a donation has been made in their name to Feministing. Simply send us a message on Kickstarter with your contacts’ name and email address, choose the Boot, Computer, Candy Canes, or Feminist card options, and we’ll do the rest. This is on top of any perk you select when you donate.
As a reminder, thanks to your generous support, we’ve added a stretch goal of $50,000 to the Feministing #TimesTen Kickstarter, with just one week left to go. Every dollar you give today goes towards:
- Paying our brilliant contributors (and ourselves!)
- Making our site redesign slicker and stronger
- Sending bloggers to cover relevant conferences and events
- Hosting an epic celebration party in January 2014, which each and every one of you is invited to by donating even $1
- Helping us form a strong, sustainable development structure and get really good at raising funds from other sources
- And if we make it all the way to $50,000 we will use the extra funds to launch a Feministing podcast with the site redesign.
Lori Adelman is feeling the holiday cheer — and seriously considering the pink afro look.