So You Think You Can Blog starts today!

Our contest to find Feministing’s next Contributor starts today! There are already some great entries over on the Community blog, so go and check them out!

For those of you who are entering, a few reminders about the rules:

Two posts per contestant between today and this Friday. Each post should say “A SYTYCB entry” at the top and include the SYTYCB logo. Then, the Feministing team will pick several finalists, and those finalists will have another chance to show us their stuff before we pick a winner.

And, in answer to the questions that came up in response to the announcement of the contest:

- there is no word limit, but brevity is the soul of everything

- you can submit something that has been published elsewhere

- you can write more than two posts if you want, but we can only guarantee that we’ll read your first two posts

- there is no age limit, upper or lower

- Contributors aren’t paid, but they are compensated: in addition to providing access to a platform that reaches hundreds of thousands of readers, being a Contributor also helps facilitate other paid writing gigs, as well as an opportunity to be part of our college tour, which is paid.

And now, let the blogging begin!

. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Posted August 20, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

Question: I’ve submitted two posts. My second post has made it on the page but my first post did not. Should I resubmit it because it probably didn’t go through or are you going out of order?

2. Posted August 20, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

I’ve submitted my first post, but I am unable to upload the SYTYCB logo…please advise!

3. Posted August 21, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

Can someone please answer the question on how to upload the logo? I do not see any button to upload/insert and html is not working.

4. Posted August 21, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

Another question: Do most contributors write monthly or weekly? (I’d be balancing this with a part-time job).

• Posted August 21, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

Contributors write two posts per week.

5. Posted August 21, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

Ok I figured out how to post the logo. But now I have a second question: How long does it take to be reviewed before it actually gets posted?

• Posted August 21, 2012 at 10:15 pm | Permalink

We’ve got tons and tons of SYTYCB entries to approve, and are working through them as fast as we can. Your post should be up soon!

• Posted August 21, 2012 at 10:54 pm | Permalink

Will moderated comments be approved as well?

6. Posted August 22, 2012 at 8:23 am | Permalink

I submitted a post on Monday and it still says pending. I included the logo and the “A SYTYCB entry” at the top. Is there any reason why there is such a delay and if it will be posted at all? Its highly discouraging for it to take so long for the first one, what happens when I submit the second one.

7. Posted August 22, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

How will I know if one or both of my posts are approved and put on the site?

• Posted August 23, 2012 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

You’ll have to just keep checking back!

8. Posted August 22, 2012 at 11:16 pm | Permalink

I saw that there are a lot of wonderful articles posted under the SYTYCB entry heading so I know that you must be really busy approving them. I submitted my piece for approval last night and have not seen it posted. Do you review them as they come in? I am just curious how long it takes because I am beginning to think that maybe I did something wrong in the submission process :-)

• Posted August 23, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

We’re reviewing them as they come but, yes, there’s a backlog. You probably didn’t do anything wrong. We’re going as fast as we can–hopefully yours will be approved soon!

9. Posted August 23, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

Silly question but does ‘between today and this Friday mean we can submit posts on Friday? Til what time? Thanks!

• Posted August 23, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Yes, until Friday at midnight!

10. Posted August 24, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Permalink

Does Friday at midnight mean midnight on your clock or the timestamp on your article? I live in the West but my posts/comments show Eastern time. So would it be 9pm on my clock or 12am?

11. Posted August 28, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

Oops on the ‘logo’ comment in 1st post.