Anti-gay bigot gets honorable mention in Darwin awards

This made my day. Anti-gay bigot Michael Leisner is pissed at General Mills.  So pissed in fact, he wanted to set a poor box of Cheerios (yes, honey nut!) on fire just so you know how mad he is that General Mills supports marriage equality.

What transpires once Mr. Leisner begins his mini-bonfire of resistance is simply amazing.  Leisner who hasn’t considered that a box made of paper and a torch to light it might be a wee bit of a fire hazard while standing on grass almost sets himself on fire.  In a world where there is such injustice we can always watch this clip of Mr. Leisner and be comforted by the utter hilarity of his plight.

No, seriously it’s incredible. Watch (there are subtitles in the video but please say in the comments if a full transcript is necessary):

1. Posted August 8, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

Yeah, I don’t know. I’m having a hard time finding the humor in seeing some dude almost burn himself, no matter how much I dislike his politics. Also not real keen on watching the lawn start to go up in flames. Not really my definition of “utter hilarity.”

2. Posted August 8, 2012 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

I nearly cried while watching this. Between waiting in large lines to eat mediocre sandwiches and this, the conservatives have really stuck it to us lately. I love that his partners in crime (his children maybe?) are laughing at him and the awkward emphases and pauses: “This is REALLY the treat …now for the homosexuals.” “So we are gonna TORCH…some cereal.”

3. Posted August 8, 2012 at 10:38 pm | Permalink

LOL, that’s a good companion video to these anti-Pussy Riot goofs torching a Madonna poster to drive the demons out (They said it, I didn’t).

I guess we’re seeing all the reasons they taught us children shouldn’t be allowed near fire…

4. Posted August 9, 2012 at 9:55 am | Permalink

Less funny than I thought. The property of General Mills seemed to be in more danger than the guy. When he saw the fire going out of hand he could have just walked away and let it burn. The camera cuts off at some point, did he extinguish the flames or did he let it burn?

• Posted August 9, 2012 at 9:56 am | Permalink

If he let it burn on GMs property its arson, even though he figures its all gods wrath.

5. Posted August 10, 2012 at 12:53 am | Permalink

The guy in the video (Michael Leisner) has apparently been fired from his job and is under criminal investigation

6. Posted August 12, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Permalink

I feel so bad for the Cheerios. What did the Cheerios ever do? They were just made honey and nuts. And why be mean to the Honey Nut Cheerios Bee?

The things homophobes do in the name of hate.

7. Posted August 14, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Permalink

Did anyone else notice that this guy had a ton of stereotypical gay mannerisms? That’s not to say that he is gay for certain, but it’s hard to overlook when we all know that this kind of deep-seated homophobia goes hand in hand with repressed homosexual feelings.