What We Missed

Rush Limbaugh sucks. Sign this petition asking ProFlowers to pull their advertising from his show. Let’s get this asshat off the air.

An awesome article in Ebony by Monica Roberts about African American trans trailblazers. Go read it right now.

Miriam (*sniff* I miss her!) talked online feminism on the radio. Take a listen here.

Wolves

animalstalkinginallcaps:

“NO, YOU’RE NOT IN THE WRONG CLEARING. WE’RE THE FIRST PANEL THAT’S SPEAKING TO THE HOUSE OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE ABOUT THE ISSUE OF CHICKEN SAFETY.

“YES, WE’RE A CONCERNED GROUP OF COMMUNITY LEADERS AND EXPERTS.

“YOU CAN COUNT ON OUR UNBIASED AND HEARTFELT OPINIONS ON THE PERTINENT ISSUES THAT AFFECT MILLIONS OF CHICKENS NATIONWIDE.”

These wolves totally trust chickens.

-CA

via Men Who Trust Women.

1. Posted March 2, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

ProFlowers has bailed along with several other companies. Quicken just bailed about an hr ago.

2. Posted March 3, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

What advertisers are still left to chase off?

3. Posted March 3, 2012 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

Whoo-hoo, add Citrix to that list! Citrix, being the only company I couldn’t really “boycott,” as it would require me quitting my job.

4. Posted March 5, 2012 at 4:49 am | Permalink

Everyone realizes those companies pulling out only care about making money right? They’ll just hop on to another conservative radio show with high ratings. A real victory for Sandra Fluke supporters would be to get Limbaugh off the air….just saying. The millions of right wing nuts that listen to his show religiously are what keeps him on the air.

• Posted March 5, 2012 at 10:40 am | Permalink

Getting advertisers to jump ship is a proven tactic for getting someone off the air. See: Glenn Beck. You have to actually run tactics to organize for a victory. You can’t just say “I want people to stop listening to Limbaugh.” You gotta take his money. And you do that by targeting the advertisers. So this action? Exactly what you’re asking for.

• Posted March 6, 2012 at 3:28 am | Permalink

Yeah you’re right, it just seemed like everyone was going after everyone but Limbaugh. I just overlooked the strategy. I did hear that those companies that left him only left temporarily which makes me wonder why it’s temporary.