What We Missed

How the GOP is resegregating the south.

Livestrong has added $100,000 to the Planned Parenthood grant from Bloomberg.

Bioethicist Art Caplans calls on the entire executive leadership team and board of Komen to resign.

Seriously? HRC is giving Goldman Sachs a “Corporate Equality Award.” Yeah, when I think Goldman Sachs I definitely think equality…

1. Posted February 3, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

indeed, anyone willing to work 100 hour weeks and has no other responsibilities in life is equal at an investment bank. just so happens people fitting that descriptions are quite likely to be male and married to a lady.

2. Posted February 3, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

You do realize that Goldman Sachs has one of the highest ratios of african american, and gay employees of any corporation?

• Posted February 4, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

Maybe. But bankers are the big no-no these days, and Feministing has great difficulty looking beyond its prejudices.

3. Posted February 4, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

Resegragating the South?

“His new district spans 350 square miles, roughly the distance from Fayetteville to Atlanta.”

I find it difficult to take an article seriously when I read such nonsense. A square mile as a measure of distance?!

• Posted February 4, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Permalink

I’m finding it difficult to believe that you’re doing nothing more than trolling when the only thing you can think of is “A square mile as a measure of distance?!”

• Posted February 4, 2012 at 6:19 pm | Permalink

Well…

The article makes a serious point about gerrimandering districts; quite a serious charge.

Adding the mention”roughly the distance from Fayetteville to Atlanta” adds nothing. If the author wanted to give an idea of how large 350 square miles is, fair enough. He could have said something like ‘five times the size of Washington D.C.”.

By stating something ridiculous (and it is), the reader is not better informed – in fact he is more likely to be confused.

It beats me that no one at the newspaper picked it up before it went to press. (I won’t comment about the author.)

Accuracy in the media, I say!

4. Posted February 6, 2012 at 5:56 am | Permalink

I don’t care who is running Komen.

If we want to make a healthy, feminist decision, we can STOP buying pink shit. We can stop using cosmetics, which are not only linked to cancers but hurt the environment and contribute to gender stereotypes. We can stop giving money to the very organizations that are marginalizing us.