Weekly Feminist Reader: Open Thread

To all who celebrate, merry Christmas! May your presents be gender non-conforming, your bellies full, and your lives filled with love. [Via]

What have you been reading/writing/watching/learning this week?

1. Posted December 25, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

I’ve been continuing to write about my history with relationship abuse [TW on that], this time reflecting on one reason why I didn’t leave.

Also waxing frustrated about students and toilet paper as well as collecting clips from my favorite Christmas specials.

Finally, starting to wrap up a month-long yoga challenge and thinking about how difficult it is for me to leave things undone, particularly at Christmas.

2. Posted December 25, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

I saw this on huffington late last night,Great to see kids are seeing the ridiculousness of gender roles,

You Go Girl!

3. Posted December 25, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

She’s so cute when she’s explaining the stupidity of toy companies marketing for just one gender,Rock on girlfriend!

4. Posted December 26, 2011 at 9:16 am | Permalink

im taking “this week” to mean in the last 7 days.
    labour and liberal parties giving me a warm and fuzzy feeling as the labour government asked if they could put aside their differences and agree on the best way to screw over refugees:

happily our leaders failed to make progress as they have on any issue they, as leaders, are in charge of solving:

stupid things homophobes have said this year:

peter maddens sounded like an advert for mardi gras. that man is always good for a giggle. this is about a month old but i’m still laughing. i seriously thought it was a parody. observe:

5. Posted December 26, 2011 at 9:47 am | Permalink

I just finished reading The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks. It’s a young adult book that tackles how girls are treated in high school. It was funny and though provoking. I highly recommend it.

6. Posted December 26, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

This is absolutely amazing! There are women today you see the inequality and sexism that corporation toy companies are inflicting on children…but the fact that even children now are taking notice? My heart just filled with joy :) You go girl!!!