Quick hit: race-baiting anti-immigration ads hit the airwaves

In this blatantly racist anti-immigration ad sponsored by “Californians for Population Stabilization”, a small white male child asks, “If Californians are having fewer children, where are all the people coming from?”

Midwest Mountain Mama has an epic takedown of this BS.

If you have the stomach, a second commercial is after the jump.

1. Posted September 8, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

Damnit!!!!!!! When will they stop poisoning kids minds with bigotry?

2. Posted September 8, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

*Fewer* children, *FEWER* for the loveofchristandallthingsholy. Grammar my friend, it’s called grammar.

• Posted September 8, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

Ah, he DOES say “fewer”. My mistake my dear child used to promote your parent’s political agenda. Please accept my apologies.

3. Posted September 8, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

It’s surprising how blatantly racsist people can be. People complain about illegal immigrants, now they have moved on to people that come here legally? And what jobs are they taking away from us? The jobs that are taking are the ones most of us would opt not to do. I am thankful and appreciative for the jobs the come here to do.

• Posted September 8, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

Well, I’m a legal immigrant who lives in California. When I finish school, I’ll have a pretty nice job. Most likely I will stay here, have children, and contribute to the overpopulation of the state.
      They include people like me in their agenda, perhaps to make it appear less offensive. I’m pretty sure I’m not the one they really want out of California.

4. Posted September 8, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

“Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

I guess CAPS and the like think that, that applied only to their ancestors…what a lovely bunch of racists and xenophobes…

5. Posted September 9, 2011 at 1:13 am | Permalink

Ugh! The second video was even worse! How can people believe this crap? How long before they start saying, “Ok, we just don’t want nonwhite people here”?

6. Posted September 9, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

Why is everyone worried about the kid being brainwashed?

He is an actor… He is paid to read a script, that is all.

Saying that just because he acted in this commercial means he believes the lines he is reading is comparable to saying just because the character you are portraying in a movie kills someone that somehow you personally want to go out and kill everyone who gets in your way.

And I see no reason this is racist, sexist, or any other -ist word you can throw out. The commercial’s point is that there are too many people. No matter how much you complain, there are only X many jobs in an area, and once those X jobs are full, anyone else moving to the area will only contribute to unemployment.

There is a finite number of people the world can support, no matter how much you complain otherwise.

In Africa there are famines because there are too many people and not enough food. If there are less people, then there is enough food to go around for everyone.

An area can only support so many people, and once it passes that point, the quality of life for everyone in that area starts to decline.

7. Posted September 20, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Permalink

What the… I’m speechless.