Welcome Jos Truitt our newest Feministing editor!

If you have been reading Feministing for the last two years, you are familiar with the work of Jos Truitt. Her voracious appetite for powerful, critical and brave analysis has been clear every time she hits “publish.” She has helped take Feministing’s mission to a new level and has added a much needed critical lens to our collective (here are just a few examples). And she has bravely spoken of her own struggles around trans and gender identity and representation and identifying as a feminist–the very struggle that makes feminism awesome.

Jos is a prominent face in the historic battle to create more space for voices that exist on the margins of a mainstream feminism and has pushed the boundaries of how our readers see and understand the intersection of race, class, gender, sexuality and activism. We are so grateful for her smart and courageous work.

Considering all this–it is pretty much a no-brainer that Jos will be our newest editor at Feministing. (I will pretend we gave her a choice). She has been playing the role behind the scenes for about 3 months and has done a great job–giving solid feedback on writing, curating our community and hustling to get our administrative work done all while making sure we are covering up to the minute political issues.

So please, welcome and congratulate the imitable Jos. We are so lucky to have you!

1. Posted August 24, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

Congratulations, Jos! Well deserved. :-)

2. Posted August 24, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Permalink

Congratulations Jos!

3. Posted August 24, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

From someone who has often struggled with gender identity, I am glad for Jos and her perspective. I have regularly found it a great comfort.

4. Posted August 24, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Permalink

How wonderful! Congrats Jos!

5. Posted August 24, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In I love a friend or someone cool kind of way, don’t worry.
    Love the flower

6. Posted August 24, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

Congrats! Also, maybe you mean “inimitable”?

7. Posted August 24, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Permalink

(I will pretend we gave her a choice)

I’m shocked you would advertise the lack of consent involved in this decision on a feminist blog :P

And on a serious note, thank you so much Samhita for the kind words, thanks to the whole Feministing crew for being my rock, and thanks to readers and commenters for thinking my voice is worth engaging with. I’m humbled and incredibly honored to be writing in this space, and super excited for whatever we do next!

8. Posted August 25, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

Congratulations, Jos! More than well-deserved! :)