The Lady and the egg

Photobucket

I have already read more bad egg puns this morning than any one individual should endure, but nothing where the Lady herself elucidates the meaning behind her eggy entrance at last night’s Grammy Awards. Was it a feminist statement about female reproductive powers? A reclamation of “chicken head?” A nod to how fragile each of us really is, and how deserving of the kind of reverence, care, and protection her gold-clad subjects provided her?

Only Gaga knows. In the meantime, I want to be at her team’s next brainstorming meeting.

1. K
    Posted February 14, 2011 at 10:20 am | Permalink

I thought that hatching from an egg was a pretty obvious nod to the new album coming out, “Born This Way.”

2. Posted February 14, 2011 at 10:29 am | Permalink

Oh come on now. Gaga always has gotta be up to more than just that…

3. Posted February 14, 2011 at 11:10 am | Permalink

I also figured it was in reference to “BORN THIS WAY”, being born in an egg and emerging out and proclaiming that is who she is.

4. Posted February 14, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Permalink

I just assumed it was another attempt to divert attention, by being stranger than anyone else around, so that no one notices that your new song is just a re-working of an old Madonna tune.

Maybe that’s just me?

5. Posted February 14, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

“Was it a feminist statement about female reproductive powers? A reclamation of “chicken head?” A nod to how fragile each of us really is, and how deserving of the kind of reverence, care, and protection her gold-clad subjects provided her?”

Or it could be you are looking into this way too much and its simply Gaga attention seeking again.

6. Posted February 17, 2011 at 1:38 am | Permalink

I think it is funny, and by funny I mean rediculous, that everyone is so quick to say Lady Gaga is just looking for attention. I wonder if you’d say that about a man doing something similar? For instance, Cee Lo Green performing as a tucan? I realize that no one posted about Cee Lo Green but I just cannot stand that when a musical artist is mainstream, successful, and a woman, that she is automatically a sell out and craving attention.

And by the way, she didn’t need to “divert attention” because her song had already sold more copies before her performance than any other song ever in its first two days. Enough people had already heard it by the time she performed on the grammys to decide if it was a “reworking of an old Madonna tune.”