Quick Hit Update: “Kill Your Hooker” Facebook group changes name to avoid deletion

As an update to yesterday’s What We Missed that called attention to the horrendous Facebook group, “Kill Your Hooker So You Don’t Have to Pay Her”, one of our readers alerted us to this: Apparently, everyone’s speedy organizing has resulted in the group changing their name (and link) to make it seem as if the group doesn’t exist anymore. But oh, does it still.
Let’s keep reporting it until this group is gone permanently. Great online organizing, all!
UPDATE: It looks like the group changed its name again, but we can’t seem to find it. If anyone finds it, email me with the link so I can switch up the link again. In the meantime, Carnal Nation finds that there are 232 Facebook groups that contain the words, “dead hooker.”
UPDATE TWO: The group is back up at the link it was before.

1. femme.
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 11:30 am | Permalink

Thanks for the update, Vanessa. I just reported the new group and I hope that bullshit gets removed. Here is a wall post from yesterday evening that “alerts” group members about Feministing:
    The worthless CUNTS over at Feministing are reporting you because they think they are the policemen (oops policePERSONS) of the internet. Let Feminist cunts know what you think about their crusade to silence all free speech they deem “inappropriate”: http://manhood101.com
    Needless to say, they are ignorant as hell. But I love the word cunt personally, so I’m flattered. ;)

2. William
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Wow, the wall posters on that group are sure taking the criticism like mature adults. < /sarcasm >

3. DeafBrownTrash
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 11:54 am | Permalink

THIS is an example why we still need feminism.

4. Jacob
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 11:54 am | Permalink

WAAAAHHH SILENCING FREE SPEECH WAAAAHHH
    In its 9-0 decision, Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire (1942), the U.S. Supreme Court established the doctrine and held that “insulting or ‘fighting words,’ those that by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace” are among the “well-defined and narrowly limited classes of speech [which] the prevention and punishment of…have never been thought to raise any constitutional problem.”

5. Jacob
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 11:57 am | Permalink

Also: Manhood 101? Downright comical. Tanks! Buildings! Rainbow-colored hot-air balloon! Indiana Jones! BE A MAN.

6. Nurse_PhD
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

Reported.
    It sounds like the group refers to a video game. Can anyone confirm? I don’t know what GTA means.

7. Kallistos
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

I left this snark on their wall:

I know this group is inevitably going to change its name again to avoid detection, so when it does, consider this suggestion: “Stupid Misogynistic Fuckwits Who Probably Make Women Feel Uncomfortable in Real Life.” The title makes no explicit reference to killing hookers so it’ll be harder to find in a search!

And reported them. I’m also getting other people I know from my friends list and groups I post in to do the same.

8. Renee
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

I went to the site and it was even worse than I’d imagined. May suggest that not only should people report the site to face book but add this post to any social media/network site that you are a member of to spread the word about it. It needs to removed immediately.

9. seraglioletters.wordpress.com
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

I absolutely agreed about the original page and I wrote into Facebook to say so. But I disagree with you so profoundly about this that I wrote a long explanation: http://bit.ly/cK2uuu. Basically, I think it’s a misguided and slightly hypocritical attempt to silence the wrong people.

10. thecynicalromantic
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

If we can’t get them removed, can plan B be to start a group called “Kill Your Privileged White Boy So You Don’t Have To Listen To His Bullshit” and keep track of how many people Just Have Like No Sense Of Humor, Jeeeeeeeeeez, Lighten Up Already? Ours would be objectively funnier, because it’s subverting the dominant power structure and not reinforcing it, but I’d bet you’d still get a lot of people who just didn’t realize that being mass hated-on isn’t universally high-larious, because it hasn’t happened to them.

11. Comrade Kevin
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

Sadly, some people just aren’t going to get it. What I often wonder in situations like this is what these people look like in reality. If you have to hide behind the internet to say terrible things like this, what does it say about you?

12. Lilith Luffles
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

This new name does not help us at all. A lot of people have fun killing the prostitutes in GTA and this only reinforces that. People I know would not have joined the other group will probably join this one if the see it.
    In the end, it’s Facebook’s decision. I’m just surprised that free speech was brought up… obviously they do not understand that private companies have a right to tell you what you can and cannot say on they property (in this case, a network site.) Facebook has the right to both keep it up or take it down. They should bring it up with facebook, not feminists. the feminists are just exercising THEIR free speech in saying that they do not approve. Both people have their right, but Facebook is the one who has the final say.

13. materialtruth415
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

This one seems to be gone now, too! I’m no longer sure that they were the same group, but they’re both bad, so good work, guys! If you search “kill hooker” on Facebook (which I would understand if you didn’t want to do) you find a few, much smaller, similar groups, which I reported.

14. Little Mermaid
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

How much do you want to bet that it’s a bunch of frathouse college boys who started up this group? I’m not trying to jump to conclusions or anything, but that kind of talk sounds exactly like what I used to hear from the mouths of immature college boys I went to school with.

15. ooperbooper
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

I’d just like to point out that there’s a manhood101 group on Facebook as well (as in the site that femme. mentioned in this thread). The group is set to private but my guess is that there’s some pretty disgusting stuff on there.

16. makena9247
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

I am not able to get to the new facebook page from the links provided above. I am sent to the home page with each one. Recommendations? I want to report this one, too!

17. trickie
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Permalink

I would like to help but every time I click the link, it just takes me to my facebook homepage and you never listed the new name so I can’t search for it.

18. clarityandchaos
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

Looks like it’s gone/moved again.

19. joanna
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

Vanessa: what is the name of the new group so we can report it to fb?

20. Wonderwall
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

GTA = Grand Theft Auto Its a game that happens to be really fun but has lots of horrible features – such as the one this group is referencing. In the game, you can pick up a hooker and then kill her and you get your money back. The game generally promotes lots of violence.

21. morninglory
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

GTA = Grand Theft Auto

22. Vanessa
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Permalink

We can’t seem to find it; I’m putting an update so anyone who finds it can let me know and I’ll update. Thanks!

23. shsally
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

You might want to ID your link as NSFW (not safe for work) as it includes a picture of a woman’s breasts.

24. materialtruth415
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

The creator is a girl in high school :(

25. MDQ
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

If you’re interested in becoming so furious that steam shoots out your ears and your eyeballs explode, I highly recommend taking a look at their ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE PAGE manifesto (no pun intended), Pinciples 101. It’s hard to find a single sentence that isn’t masturbatory, misogynist, racist, classist, ableist, homophobic crap. My personal favorite is the diagram on page 52 demonstrating the difference between “order” and “disorder” in one’s appearance. (Protip: If you’re not a white broad-shouldered, muscular male with light brown hair, you are exhibiting disorder.)

26. DeafBrownTrash
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

It makes me angry and so sad to see many women who think the group is “hilarious.”
    this is an instance when I’m convinced that sexism is much more socially acceptable than racism.

27. terradoll
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

Why does facebook even allow groups like this in the first place?
    Here’s a link to the new page.
    I’ve added a link to it in our end sexism on facebook group to spread the message and get it reported.

28. Synna
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

There are several groups with similar names. Just search ‘kill hooker’ in FB.

29. Jessica Padkin
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

I’ve seen this website spammed countless times in YouTube comments and wherever you can find insecure, socially awkward men who might appreciate being able to blame feminism/women for their issues. This is the first time I’ve had a look at the site itself, and I can’t help but notice that they’re asking for ‘donations’ right there on the front page. How terribly surprising…

30. materialtruth415
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

hey, if you haven’t already complained, please do so! it is back up and they don’t get it (per their whining comments), so let’s take it down!

31. moskoismycat
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Permalink
  32. Vetiver
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Permalink

Your most recent update (Update 2) links to the GTA page, but there is now a group with the original name (killing your hooker so you don’t have 2 pay her) is back up. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Killing-your-hooker-so-you-dont-have-2-pay-her/296734046269
    They’ve just changed the “to” to a “2″. Please everybody go report! This is such an abusive group.

33. nikki#2