Sarah Palin lands gig with Fox News, gets new action figure

Looks like the Sarah Palin schoolgirl action figure has been trumped, big time. After all, who needs some silly doll when you can have your very own Sarah Palin embryo ornament?
This is one of many of this Etsy vendor’s “baby’s first” fetus ornaments that include characters from Twilight. All products are claimed by designer to be “just for fun, no political statements being made here.”
There are just no words. Oh, and in case you haven’t heard the other Sarah Palin news, it looks like she’ll be actually doing the news – that’s right, and not shockingly on Fox News as their newest contributor.
Via the Washington Independent. h/t to Jill.

1. DeafBrownTrash
    Posted January 12, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

looks like The Daily Show will finally have some comedy news competition…

2. zes
    Posted January 12, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

Well at least now Ms Palin will have an answer should Ms Couric ask her again which news source she prefers.

3. JosephLillo
    Posted January 12, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Permalink

I defer to the A.V. Club’s headline about Palin’s latest news: “Fox News Hires Sarah Palin As Commentator Because Of Course They Do.”

4. The Boggart
    Posted January 12, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

At first I didn’t get it – I thought it was an ornament that you were supposed to adorn a foetus with!
    Mind you, the way our culture’s headed I wouldn’t be surprised if in a few decades time all the hot celebrity mums are getting pre-partum plastic embryo surgery. Of course, the decent majority of ordinary citizens will shake their heads at this self-indulgent nonsense….and just airbrush the baby’s ultrasounds like normal folks.

5. aleks
    Posted January 12, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

In other news, heavier-than-air objects when dropped fall to earth.

6. daveNYC
    Posted January 12, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

You know, I was getting through life perfectly OK without knowing that something like that existed.
    Things fall apart; the center cannot hold

7. Toongrrl
    Posted January 12, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Permalink

Someone save the children!!!

8. katie
    Posted January 12, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

I don’t know if I’m alone on this, but when I first saw the ornament I thought it was more of a satirical symbol of the conservative party. You know, like you can pretty much sum them up with a fetus holding a gun, and wearing sarah palin glasses.

9. schismtracer
    Posted January 12, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

Maybe some enterprising person could set up a menagerie of Palin fetus and Jesus fetus chasing a Mexican fetus out of a star-spangled manger.
    Also, “fetus” is one of those words that looks stranger every time you write it.

10. teacherwoman
    Posted January 12, 2010 at 6:57 pm | Permalink

I don’t really see anything wrong with the fetus. I think it’s funny. If the shop makes characters from all sorts of different things, wouldn’t this be appropriate for Sarah Palin? One of the first things that comes to my mind about Sarah Palin is the guns and the hunting and shit.

11. tonisjadine
    Posted January 13, 2010 at 2:12 am | Permalink

Well, whoever it is also enjoys Adam Lambert enough that he has two or three ornaments. It’s perfectly possible they aren’t staunchly anything at all.

12. Nicole
    Posted January 13, 2010 at 11:17 am | Permalink

“I am thrilled to be joining the great talent and management team at Fox News. It’s wonderful to be part of a place that so values fair and balanced news.” – Sarah Palin
    HAHAHAHAHA oh my lord.

13. Icewyche
    Posted January 13, 2010 at 11:22 am | Permalink

Those Twilight fetus ornaments are…disturbing.