Target Women: How to Get Hot Chicks

Some morning funny from our girl Sarah Haskins.

1. PeterZeroOne
    Posted October 6, 2009 at 9:40 am | Permalink

Shouldn’t this one be called “Target:Men”, then?

2. Gnatalby
    Posted October 6, 2009 at 10:34 am | Permalink

The ending was perfect.
    The difference in advertising to men and women is so bizarre to me, since it seems like marketers think women need to think everything is incredibly difficult to achieve (getting a man, getting thin, getting stuff clean) in order to buy something, whereas commercials seem to suggest things are incredibly easy for men achieve.
    If hot chicks are dumb enough to run up like puppies at the sight of a burger or a whiff of mint, why would men have to spend any money at all?

3. pinkpicnic
    Posted October 6, 2009 at 11:33 am | Permalink

@PeterZeroOne The point she was making was that men and women actually want the same things sometimes, so why act like we’re different animals?

4. ooperbooper
    Posted October 6, 2009 at 11:41 am | Permalink

The Burger King commercial was pretty fucking stupid. “Awwww… look at the tiny hamburger!” Are you kidding me? How many sexist stereotypes can you fit into one commercial? Women only want babies. Check. Men are smarter than women. Check. Women are gullible. Check.
    Bah…
    If I ate at Burger King, I would boycott… but I don’t so I guess I’m just going to have to continue not eating at Burger King…

5. Toongrrl
    Posted October 6, 2009 at 11:56 am | Permalink

This is me: “Oh look at that tiny burger! Can I eat it, or does it have mayo? Yuck.”
    I haven’t ate at Burger King since the mid 2000′s, they are not as great as In and Out Burger, all you cali feministas know what I’m talking about. I love you Sarah Haskins!!! When would she do one on Annette Funicello? Or would that be “Target: Women, Vintage Edition”?

6. sammylif
    Posted October 6, 2009 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

That Febreze ad is dubbed – it’s really British people talking. That’s why it sounds so strange:
    Sarah Haskins is my favorite – I send her stuff to my Advertising professors whenever I get the chance…

7. Femgineer
    Posted October 6, 2009 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

YEAH stick it to them!!! I’ll do the same … by continuing to not eat there… :)

8. kissmypineapple
    Posted October 6, 2009 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

Transcript?

9. Femgineer
    Posted October 6, 2009 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

I don’t know if it is just me, but over the past month I have not been able to watch the videos from Current. And current.com has been messed up (white background, broken links, etc). Perhaps it is because I have to use IE at work.

10. Comrade Kevin
    Posted October 6, 2009 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

I try to avoid commercials for this very reason. The average person really believes this stuff or gets subliminally brainwashed by it. I find it offensive, but I’m always glad Haskins puts a funny spin on it. We really do need to laugh more.

11. vegkitty
    Posted October 6, 2009 at 9:25 pm | Permalink

I’ve been watching so much Sarah Haskins, I’ve started to notice these kinds of things on my own (which, I guess, is the point). It irritates my mother to no end, especially when I start narrating ads. “Oh look, I’m running through a field! My child is there, too! Aren’t we beautiful together! Buy this overpriced skin cream that’s 80% water!”

12. aleks
    Posted October 7, 2009 at 2:37 am | Permalink

I tried every one of those products today and only about a third of them got me even moderately hot chicks.

13. RsubC
    Posted October 7, 2009 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

see, i thought it was supposed to be a puppy, baby didn’t even OCCUR to me. i fall for the guy-with-a-puppy trick all the time. of course, i also fall for the woman-with-a-puppy, retiree-wth-a-puppy, small-child-with-a-puppy, and every combo of age and gender with a puppy that isn’t scary-rabid-puppy-by-himself. so i’m not a very representative sample.

14. Gesyckah
    Posted October 11, 2009 at 7:50 pm | Permalink

I’ve been waiting for someone to point out the wrongness of that therapist flirting with her patient. That commercial always pisses me off for so many reasons.