Barack Obama Sexism Watch: Misogynist Metaphors Edition

Well this is a new one. If you thought Fox News was bad, check out their bloggers. Greg Gutfeld, also host of Fox News’ Red Eye, wrote a post yesterday on Fox Forum that may just leave you speechless. The title: “Obama Is as Untouchable as a Really Hot Chick.” And that’s just the tip of the iceberg:

Seriously, the man isn’t a presidential candidate, he’s a really hot chick. You know what I mean, right?
You know how when a friend starts dating some girl, let’s say a stripper with top of the line implants, he overlooks everything else. She could be spreading Chlamydia like a Jehovah’s Witness unloading a case of Watchtower pamphlets, and it won’t matter.
Blinded by beauty, he lets her get away with everything, until your buddy is left broken and broke, riddled with disease, sleeping in your garage and convinced a mob boyfriend wants him dead. (Emphasis mine)

It must be hard to put so many misogynist stereotypes in less than a hundred words. Sounds like this guy has some serious fucking issues.
After you’ve recovered from the speechlessness, let the fury sink in and let Greg know what you think of his blogging.
Thanks to Lisa for the link!

1. Posted October 24, 2008 at 10:21 am | Permalink

UGH I HATE GREG GUTFELD!
    He is probably one of the most ignorant people associated with Fox News. And there are undoubtedly A LOT of ignorant people on Fox News.
    I’ve written about good ol’ Greg in my blog several times. He was guilty of covering the Thomas Beatie story in an extremely inappropriate way, and then bashing GLAAD in his next video for criticizing his ignorance.
    I can usually find some good in everyone. But there is no good in Greg Gutfeld.

2. Lilly
    Posted October 24, 2008 at 10:23 am | Permalink

I don’t think the link is working

3. Vanessa
    Posted October 24, 2008 at 10:25 am | Permalink

Oops sorry about that, fixing now

4. amy_sarah
    Posted October 24, 2008 at 10:41 am | Permalink

Wow.
    And, um, probably don’t read the comments. Unless you want to get really angry. It scares me how hideous people can be.

5. amy_sarah
    Posted October 24, 2008 at 10:44 am | Permalink

Do republicans really have so little to say, and no way of defending their presidential nominee, that they have to resort to calling Obama a… hot chick?

6. Luckwouldhaveit
    Posted October 24, 2008 at 10:50 am | Permalink

I’ve heard of writers getting paid by the word – perhaps Fox pays extra for misogynistic words?

7. Posted October 24, 2008 at 11:02 am | Permalink

thanks, fox news, for yet again proving how unqualified you as a news sources. assholes.
    grumpgirl.blogspot.com

8. Posted October 24, 2008 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

Wow, you’d think that these people would have some self-awareness or some guilt or something, but I guess Rupert Murdoch just sucks that last bit of decency out of you when you go to work for Faux news.

9. Posted October 24, 2008 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

My open letter to Greg Gutfeld, posted on my blog and emailed directly to him. I’d take this guy on in a heartbeat. Anyday!
    Dear Greg,
    I just read your post comparing Barack Obama to a “really hot chick”. I must say that I am dismayed and disgusted at your allegories. Must have been a slow news day eh? I have heard some pretty obscure arguments, but you my friend, take the cake. First, as an Obama supporter, I am outraged that you would belittle a prominent figure to that extent. I myself, critical of Palin, was disgusted at the repeated references to her as a VPILF, because I felt it belittled what talent she may have. To belittle a man who has taken himself from nothing to being inches away from the White House, who has inspired more Americans to be good to others and hopeful for the future, and put that on a stripper pole? Who the hell do you think you are? You blog for Fox? Wow, impressive.
    I understand the shock value in posting this message on a blog, you will get lots of traffic and lots of comments, but like a disobedient child you care not for the quality of the attention you receive and probably consider all press good press. Again, from Fox, not surprising. But yet still equally disgusting.
    My second bone to pick with you concerns the image that you paint of “really hot chicks”. You just provided us with some insight into your sexual preferences, leaving a great deal of room for speculation on your own sexual health. If this is what you equate with really hot; a dumb, money grubbing STD infested stripper, then we all have to sit back and have a chuckle at how badly you are failing at that particular avenue of your life. But your personal paraphilias aside, one has to point out how incredibly misogynist that statement is, in and of itself. Have some respect for women, we don’t live in 1955 anymore. I can’t even be bothered to exhaust the energy telling you why that statement was sexist, and disgusting because you should already know better.
    And just a reminder, if you and your friends weren’t there every Tuesday night with your slimy singles in hand, neither would those women with their perfect implants, taking the money that you throw on stage.
    I honestly feel a little sorry for you. It is obvious that you know nothing of women or politics, and yet you strive to write about both. Good for you for trying anyway.
    Sincerely,
    Jenn Astle

10. Robbert
    Posted October 24, 2008 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

@Jenn
    Good letter, I’ve been somewhat more succinct.

Hello Greg.
    In order for you to understand this, I’ll keep it short and simple.
    You’re embarrassing yourself.
    You have a classic case of STD on the brain.
    If you care about the way people think of you, I would advice you to seek profession help. As that is what you do when you have STDs.
    As yours seem to be psychological in nature, I would request that you refrain from communication until treatment has been successful.
    This way you will not spread this particular nasty disease any further.
    With kind regards
    Robbert Michel
    Amsterdam

11. Posted October 24, 2008 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

Perhaps he will be able to understand better…

12. identity
    Posted October 24, 2008 at 12:53 pm | Permalink

What amy_sarah said. My IQ dropped 20 points reading the comments. Honestly, I can deal with the “well dur, obamba bin laden is a terist” comments, this is the internet, that’s the kind of crap you get. But all of the post that were obviously well thought out, took a good deal of time, and clearly represent the upper limit of the poster’s mental faculties, and still come up with stuff like what Steve M posted…that just makes me depressed.

13. ZacRfron
    Posted October 24, 2008 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

Whats with the stripper hate around here?

14. Liz M
    Posted October 24, 2008 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

“My blood pressure spiked, because naturally her history — or lack thereof — is far less murkier than Barack Obama’s.”
    Yes, that is actually from his blog post, and yes, he said “far less murkier.” WOW. Lol I usually try to refrain from nitpicking people’s grammar but in this case I couldn’t resist :D

15. Naked Feminist
    Posted October 24, 2008 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

“Whats with the stripper hate around here?”
    Good question. As a bona fide stripper I’d love to know. I was freaking irate at his insinuation that strippers are walking public health hazards.
    The rest I could only laugh at.

16. Posted October 24, 2008 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

Just to clarify something about my letter to Gutfeld….I didn’t mean to come across as though I believed strippers to be public health hazards, I was just being sarcastic and speaking back to him in his tone.
    I know I wasn’t called out on it directly but I just wanted to clear that up.

17. voluptuouspanic
    Posted October 24, 2008 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

“I was freaking irate at his insinuation that strippers are walking public health hazards.”
    Ditto that.
    I should quit being a masochist and reading comments on blogs like that. I love/hate how quickly they descend into “(insert less privileged group here) don’t deserve my money because they’re lazy! (and I refuse to acknowledge my racial and class privilege!)”

18. Kat
    Posted October 24, 2008 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

Hey Greg,
    You know who is actually a “hot chick” with followers willing to overlook huge shortcomings and transgressions because they think she seems cute and fun? I’ll give you a hint: you’re looking at the wrong Presidential ticket to find her.
    I wish your simile was wrong because voters don’t use the same logic system as horny creeps, but sadly many of them do, so I’ll just say the language was offensive. Glad to hear you’re not worried about Palin’s lack of experience. Why is that?

19. Mariella
    Posted October 24, 2008 at 8:00 pm | Permalink

I loved the comment that said that Democratic women hate Sarah Palin because she’s not a whore or a lesbian. Ok?

20. beka
    Posted October 30, 2008 at 1:27 am | Permalink

*wince* I read that comment as an attack on HRC. =/

21. Ursula Flavioni
    Posted September 25, 2009 at 10:28 am | Permalink

The Minister of Finance of the USA promises to continue financing of the social program “Nation Health”.
    The president Barack Obama has approved these steps, having told that the administration “should undertake actions for protection of economic health of the nation“. He has added that the agents which have arrived in the budget of the country from taxes will be thus used.
    In turn, senator-republican Richard Shelby has estimated a total cost of support of financial sector of the country in billion dollars, approximately half from which will leave on the repayment of “bad debts”.
    The American budget have already spent this year 85 billion dollars for salvage of insurance company AIG and intend to spend about 200 billion dollars for return of hypothecary debts of agencies Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
    The government of the USA has taken additional measures for stabilisation of the markets, in particular, has forbidden short-trading by stocks of the financial companies at stock exchanges till August, 2nd.