Rape: Makes for great t-shirts

notokayshirt.jpg
You know, I just have no words. I’m too fucking mentally and emotionally exhausted to yet again explain why rape isn’t fucking funny.
Lodge your complaints here.
Thanks to Ariel for the link.

1. Posted February 29, 2008 at 10:01 am | Permalink
  2. Michele
    Posted February 29, 2008 at 10:07 am | Permalink

I wrote a complaint also and told all my friends to.

3. Michele
    Posted February 29, 2008 at 10:12 am | Permalink

THAT’S GREAT NEWS! THANKS FOR THE NEWS TOBES!

4. Posted February 29, 2008 at 10:22 am | Permalink

Thanks for the update, Tobes! It’s a small victory, but a victory worth celebrating.

5. holly the contrarian
    Posted February 29, 2008 at 11:03 am | Permalink

I’m speechless. Yet, glad they’re already pulling it.
    I really, really, wonder where the disconnect for Wal-Mart is, when it comes to violence against women, and other issues they seem to have with females. I’m afraid that my e-mail to them is not going to be as constructive, as the above examples.

6. jeff
    Posted February 29, 2008 at 11:35 am | Permalink

A woman who’s drunk is unable to consent. Mentally. Emotionally. Legally.
    I think these sorts of issues require great care with language. By that definition, 90% of men in this country are rapists – including me.

7. boobs0711
    Posted February 29, 2008 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

I think it’s cute.

8. boobs0711
    Posted February 29, 2008 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

I think it’s cute.

9. ButterflySlut69
    Posted February 29, 2008 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

Tee hee. But isn’t this like about owning your body and stuff? I think it’s funny. LOL.

10. rileystclair
    Posted February 29, 2008 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

troll spill–cleanup on aisle five!

11. Posted March 1, 2008 at 11:44 am | Permalink

yah.. the folks at david and goliath seem a little bitter

12. Posted March 1, 2008 at 11:52 am | Permalink

yah.. the folks at david and goliath seem a little bitter

13. emily
    Posted March 3, 2008 at 8:45 pm | Permalink

Wow, what are we teaching our young women? No wonder girls are afraid to report rapes when they are getting mixed messages. When they are told one thing about rape, but the media tells them otherwise, whom are they supposed to believe?
    While this shirt is trying to be cute, it is only teaching teens that rape is funny and should not be taken seriously. Would you want your daughter carrying around this message, let alone advertising underage drinking? I can only imagine what guys would think if they passed a young girl wearing this shirt. It is an open invitation to be raped. Rape is never justified, and by promoting it this way, girls will never learn the seriousness of this crime.

14. DavidDavid
    Posted June 10, 2009 at 7:51 pm | Permalink

Rape is simply sex. Women enjoy sex, so rape cannot be such a terrible physical ordeal can it? You’re suggesting force-feeding a woman chocolate cake is a heinous offence?