This week Feministing got one of our favorite emails from a reader ever. Seventeen-year-old Alex from Orlando wrote us about all the backlash to her high school feminist club — and how excited she is for a future kicking the patriarchy’s butt. Inspired by her young fem ambition, here are campaigns and projects, all run by K-12 feminists, that you should know.
- Buhach Colony H.S. (@BCWomenStudies): Buhach Colony High School Women’s Studies Class. We BELIEVE we can help ratify the ERA! Join us in making history.
- SPARK Movement (@SPARKsummit): girl-fueled, intergenerational movement revealing & fighting sexualization of girls in the media. Tweets by @cryssavestheday & the SPARKteam
- I Am Proud (@ProudCampaign): Diversity, Self-esteem, Realistic representations of girls in the media, Sisterhood, Self-empowerment: a campaign by girls & for girls
- Rookie (@RookieMag): We are a website for teenage girls.
- Young AZ Feminists (@YoungAzFeminist): Young Arizonans fighting to premote gender equality.
You all had a ton of young fem recs, so we’ll be back with more next week — leave suggestions (both campaigns and individual activists) in the comments! And of course remember to follow @feministing.
Alexandra Brodsky spends too much time on the internet.