What if every kid learned how to create a more just world sometime between science lab and algebra? Here are five teachers bringing the feminist gospel to their classrooms.
- Ileana Jiménez (@feministteacher): Educator and activist. Feminism, LGBT issues, diversity and inclusion in schools. Distinguished Fulbright Award in Teaching. Founder of
- Amber Lewis (@amblewis): High school history, geography, and women’s & gender studies teacher.
- Christina Jenkins (@jenksbyjenks): Design, cartography, pcomp, feminism, illustrated fiction, outdoor ed. I practice those things in http://www.roomfourzerotwo.com at the NYC iSchool.
- Anon Teacher (@AnonTeacher82): Natural gal. Child-free teacher. When I grow up, I want to be a
- Dena Simmons (@DenaSimmons): Bronxite, Activist, Educator, Student, Diversity Trainer, Researcher on bullying with the goal of making schools & hospitals more inclusive and safer for all.
Leave recommendations for next week in the comments! We’re particularly interested in activists covering their work on the ground. And of course follow @feministing.
Alexandra Brodsky spends too much time on the internet.