It’s no secret that there’s a special place in Feministing’s heart for academic feminists. It’s a rare treat, though, to see what distinguished profs and researchers think about outside the classroom. Twitter can offer a little window into this world, so here are five of our favorite feminist academics to follow.
- Koritha Mitchell (@ProfKori): author of award-winning book Living with Lynching. black feminist. cultural critic. runner.
- Mimi Thi Nguyen (@Inzombia): What kind of monster are you?
- Lisa Wade, PhD (@lisawade): Professor of Sociology at Occidental College, blogger for Sociological Images (@socimages), lover of dinosaurs, cocktails, and music with lots of brass.
- Ruth Nicole Brown (@knowandremember): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OomZIYFmFkE
- Salamishah Tillet (@salamishah): UPENN Professor, co-founder @ALongWalkHome, author of Sites of Slavery, writing about Nina Simone, blogs for @TheNation, feminist, and sports fanatic.
Nominate for next week’s installment in the comments! We’re particularly looking for activists tweeting about their on-the-ground work. Links appreciated. Of course, make sure to follow @feministing.
Alexandra Brodsky spends too much time on the internet.