Welcome to our first installment of Feministing Follow Friday! Every week, we’ll suggest five bad ass feminists to follow on Twitter. Nominate others in the comments for next week’s list.
- Adrienne Keene (@NativeApprops): Writer behind Native Appropriations. ᏣᎳᎩ (Cherokee Nation) EdD student studying Native higher Ed, passionate about representations of Natives. Now dissertating.
- Ai-jen Poo (@aijenpoo): Director of
@domesticworkers, Co-Director of @CaringAcrossgen
- Wagatwe Wanjuki (@wagatwe): Feminist blogger, survivor & web/tech lover passionate about politics, social justice & ending
#VAW. blogs @fyeahfeminists, works @rhrealitycheck.
- Melissa Gira Grant (@melissagira): Writing sex, rights, & the internet (Nation, Guardian, In These Times). Author, Playing The Whore: The Work of Sex Work (Verso, 2014) // firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janet Mock (@JanetMock): Writer.
#Girlslikeus Founder. Author of #RedefiningRealness (Preorder at http://redefiningrealness.com ). I love @cockapoocleo + pop cult http://on.fb.me/165oJGV
Nominate for next week’s installment in the comments! We’re particularly looking for activists tweeting about their on-the-ground work. Links appreciated. And, of course, make sure to follow @feministing.
Alexandra Brodsky spends too much time on the internet.