What We Missed

Happy birthday Alice Walker!

On the decline of Liz Lemon.

Birth control users are the 99%.

Josh “Lemon” Lyman is going to be a city council member on Parks and Rec.

Happy Friday!

1. Posted February 10, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

I wonder about those little girls and what they’re being taught with all this. Is it really healthy for toddlers to be immersing themselves in songs about “getting money”?

• Posted February 11, 2012 at 3:01 am | Permalink

I think they turn out just fine, ease your mind, it will be alright.

• Posted February 11, 2012 at 5:46 am | Permalink

I am still uncomfortable with what they are doing/what is being done to them and what they could be learning from it.

And the faint odor or man-splaining is wafting off of your response. Unless you are a woman–then it’s kind of woman-to-woman-splaining.

• Posted February 11, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

Unless you go into complete isolation from society, it’s impossible to avoid problematic media. Even the media we do enjoy may sometimes have sexist, racist, homophobic, and capitalistic imagery. But as long as those kids know what really important, I don’t see the harm in letting them indulge in something they enjoy.

And before you accuse *me* of mansplaining, I’m a woman.

2. Posted February 11, 2012 at 6:56 pm | Permalink

This is the weekly place where it’s kosher to promote our own writing, right? I wanted to share an article I wrote for Shine (which has a primarily cis-straight female audience) about the ups and downs of having a transgender partner.

3. Posted February 12, 2012 at 11:08 am | Permalink

PLEASE on Monday…. no post about the bystander effect and Whitney. I’ll seriously implode.

4. Posted February 14, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

This girls crack me up! I love at the AMA awards they just scream in the mic when Katy Perry comes up to them, LOVE them.