Outdated and Feministing events in the Bay Area for November

It’s time to show California some love! I am getting ready for a two week mini book/Feministing tour to the Bay Area and to spend time with some of our West Coast crew (Jos and Anna–who chose sunshine over snow–how dare they?!). If you live in or around the Bay Area please join us for one or more of these events.

• Jos and I will be speaking at UC Merced on Wednesday at 7:30pm about feminism, blogging, social media and how to work to shift the culture of rape and violence in the mainstream media. Get more details here.
  • I will be reading from Outdated followed by a Q&A at Modern Times book store in San Francisco on November 6th at 5pm. There will be a Feministing after-party as well–location TBD.
  • I will be reading from Outdated followed by a Q&A at the Stanford Women’s Community Center from 7-9pm on Tuesday November 8th.
  • I am also reading at Writers with Drinks on November 12th at 7:30 pm at the Make-out Room in San Francisco. It is a very popular event so I suggest getting there when the doors open at 6:30pm.

And Jos and I are available for additional talks and media during that time, so spread the word! Good-bai snow, hello San Francisco almost warm but not quite!

1. Posted November 1, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

I, too, chose sunshine over snow recently, so I’ll be attending one of these! Excited!!

2. Posted November 1, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

Is it too late to invite you both down to Santa Cruz (either the UC campus or maybe one of the co-ops)? It’s SPECTACULARLY sunny, we can go to the beach event! and there are many young activists here who’d love to meet you. Otherwise I’ll try to come up to the Stanford event.

• Posted November 1, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

Hey Gabi, it isn’t too late, but please get in touch ASAP!
      I’m Tanya, the one coordinating Feministing’s speaking events this school year.
      You can email me at tpaperny gmail com.
      I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully we can make an event at UC Santa Cruz happen.

3. Posted November 1, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

Is the event at the Make-Out Room a 21 and over event?

• Posted November 2, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

I’m wondering the same info!

4. Posted November 2, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

Is the Stanford event open to people outside the university community?

• Posted November 2, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

Yes! I’m an organizer for the event at the Stanford Women’s Community Center, and it is free and open to the public. More info here: http://on.fb.me/w0pqdU