Don’t Forget to Vote for Courtney to be WaPo’s Newest Columnist!!

Hey folks, just a reminder to vote right now for our gal Courtney, who is currently one of ten finalists in the Washington Post’s “America’s Next Great Pundit Contest.”
Courtney’s latest column is here, and voting for the contest is currently in progress, but ends Monday at 3PM (ET). So please get the word out – blog, tweet and Facebook this after you vote yourself – and help make Courtney WaPo’s newest columnist!

1. Comrade Kevin
    Posted November 8, 2009 at 9:42 am | Permalink

*cheers*

2. ShellyB
    Posted November 8, 2009 at 10:05 am | Permalink

I adore courtney!!!! but shouldn’t we consider voting for another one of those women who has less media attention/voice/power already? Shouldn’t we be trying to uplift another woman’s perspective since we get to read courtney already? I’m not going to say who I voted for, but the women are really interesting that have been picked. And congrats to courtney for being chosen!

3. April
    Posted November 8, 2009 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

This is not at all related to the topic of this post, but I don’t know where else to put it, and this post is right over the problematic ad: I keep seeing an ad right in the middle of this blog about how to lose 10 lbs. What is that doing here?!!

4. DeafBrownTrash
    Posted November 8, 2009 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

um… how nice of you to tell us that. way to go for announcing it here. /sarcasm

5. DeafBrownTrash
    Posted November 8, 2009 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

cool. I just voted for Courtney. Good luck!

6. Posted November 8, 2009 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

I loved Courtney’s WAPO piece and I really like her writing in general, so I was happy to vote for her. It was very frustrating, however, to read some of the comments that people left for her WaPo column. It seems that there are so many people out there who become enraged at the mere mention of President Obama’s name and can’t control the anger he provokes in them. I hope Courtney avoids reading the comments and remembers that there are tons of people out there who love her work.

7. Arvilla
    Posted November 8, 2009 at 3:44 pm | Permalink

Huh? Are you implying that ShellyB’s comment is not on topic?
    Was there a more appropriate place for her to say this?

8. Jessica
    Posted November 8, 2009 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

You should vote for whomever you think is best, of course – but I don’t think someone shouldn’t vote for Courtney simply because she writes for Feministing! The audience and reach at WaPo is VASTLY different than a feminist blog. Yes, all of us here get to enjoy C’s writing – but it’s the folks who don’t come to feminist blogs (or even think about feminism) that really need to hear her voice!

9. Colleen88
    Posted November 8, 2009 at 10:21 pm | Permalink

Good Luck Courtney!! I would have voted but being Canadian I am not allowed to.