Target Women: Brooke Shields

I just have one word: momamorphosis.

1. ArtByMoretti
    Posted September 11, 2009 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

haha “You know when you see freaky people on the streets sometimes with tiny eyelashes and you practically barf?!” Gotta love Sarah! She’s great!

2. allieb87
    Posted September 11, 2009 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

So I can’t afford cable and I don’t watch very much TV so I hadn’t seen the eyelash commercial. Is that for real? Like… that’s really advertised on TV? Seriously?

3. DeafBrownTrash
    Posted September 11, 2009 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

so funny. Sarah Haskins is awesome. I read a few months ago that she got signed to get her own TV show…. sweet!

4. ElleStar
    Posted September 11, 2009 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

Like every commercial break. At least on the shows that I watch.
    “Warning, this product may cause darkening of the skin around the eyes, which MAY be reversible, or browning of the pigmentation of the iris, which is not.”
    I believe Latisse is usually marketed for people with disease where hair falls out or something like that. But now, it looks like it’s trying to break into the cosmetic market.

5. allieb87
    Posted September 11, 2009 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

Wow… mascara doesn’t do the trick anymore? Weird…

6. sushi
    Posted September 11, 2009 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

Latisse is the cosmetic rebranding of a drug called Lumigan that was used to treat glaucoma, which evidently has a chernobyl type effect on eyelashes.
    Thank God those of us with Hypotrichosis, or sparse eyelash syndrome, need no longer suffer.
    That video was hilarious.

7. Athenia
    Posted September 11, 2009 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

YES. ALL. THE. FREAKING.TIME.
    It drives me nuts.

8. Tenya
    Posted September 11, 2009 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

Haha, I remember in nursing school noticing on latanoprost the “side effects” warning about darkening of the eyelashes and iris, and my buddy and I making fun of it “Oh hey, try this drug, it helps glaucoma AND you get movie star eyes!”
    Apparently someone was listening in.

9. JupiterAmmon
    Posted September 11, 2009 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

“Brooke Sheilds! She’s a beautiful doll!”
    I’ve had that tune stuck in my head all friggen week!

10. Kim C.
    Posted September 11, 2009 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

See, I’m the opposite: when I see people with ginormous eyelashes, I wonder how far away I should stand from them in case they blink in my presence.