The Teaches of Piggy

This makes me very happy:

Huh, what? (I also love this Kermit-does-Talking-Heads video.)
Thanks to my pal Amina for the link.

1. aletheia_shortwave
    Posted September 3, 2009 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

Believe it or not, I find this material triggering.

2. radishette
    Posted September 3, 2009 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

Me, too. Maybe if I knew the song, I’d appreciate it better?

3. Ellen Marie-Frances
    Posted September 3, 2009 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

Miss Piggy FTW!! rofl!

4. Lilith Luffles
    Posted September 3, 2009 at 6:13 pm | Permalink

Same. The only time I heard this song was during the strip club scene in “Lost in Translation.”

5. NapoleonInRags
    Posted September 3, 2009 at 6:17 pm | Permalink

How so? Not trying to be difficult, I just don’t understand.
    I thought the video was pretty damn funny. I’m a big Peaches fan though.

6. Navy_Blue
    Posted September 3, 2009 at 6:22 pm | Permalink

The Disney logo in some of the shots really just makes it perfect.

7. Nepenthe
    Posted September 3, 2009 at 7:33 pm | Permalink

Yeah, same here. I was on a Muppets kick earlier today from the posts over at Shakesville and this kinda killed that buzz. And then ran it over a couple more times to make sure.

8. Ann
    Posted September 4, 2009 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

For those who only know the song from “Lost in Translation,” here’s a bit of context on the artist, Peaches.

9. aletheia_shortwave
    Posted September 5, 2009 at 1:55 pm | Permalink

I don’t know, something about a pig-puppet woman who enjoys sex with a wimpy frog-man weirds me out. That, and the “sucking on my titties” line which in my mind’s eye continues the farm-animal theme we have going on here in a more bovine direction.
    I’ve never been a fan of Peaches. I don’t think her work is artistically innovative at all.
    And as for the political aspect of it–
    Like Michel Foucault argues, I think that the place we went wrong in the sexual revolution of the sixties (however many places we may have gone right) is in believing that merely being able to speak openly/obscenely about sex makes us ‘liberated.’ So long as the question of our identity still hinges on the question of sexual identity, I think we have work to do.
    And you know what they say about swears, kids — they’re a sign of a poor vocabulary.