Anti-feminist Mailbag (whiny bitches edition)

For some reason the last couple of days have brought us a lot of fun emails. Here are some snippets from my favorite – in which the emailer keeps insisting that they’re a woman. (From experience, I’d say this insistence generally means it’s a man writing – but either way, it’s irrelevant. Being a woman doesn’t make your wack-ass ideas any more credible.)

Honestly, what are you trying to accomplish with this website? I’m a woman, and have been trying to understand what this new wave of feminists are trying to achieve (for instance suffrage in the past). And I just don’t see it. All it is women complaining about anything and everything. All you do is bitch and bitch and bitch. Reading this website makes me hate women.

I mean, hate myself! (I also kind of love the irony of someone writing us an email complaining about us complaining.)

Feminists of the past were trying to make change, and they did. You’re just making the majority of the population hate you and not take you seriously. Also you should learn that, honey, stereotypes are based on fact. There are some things that guys do better than chicks and vice versa. Deal with it.

Yeah, honey! For example, us chicks are awesome at things like using belittling names for women to put them in their place. Also, sweeping generalizations.

I can only imagine how much you’d bitch about having to do construction work on a highway day after day. We are lucky enough to live in a society that if that’s what you want to do, then you CAN do it. So from one woman to another, you really need to keep your mouth shut.

From one feminist to an asshole: No thanks.

Regardless of sex or gender or anything, NO ONE wants to be around a whiny bitch. Then again if that’s what you want to be than go for it. You’re doing a great job.

Thanks! Now can I have that promotion to raging cuntmonster you’ve been promising me?

1. JosephLillo
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

“Now can I have that promotion to raging cuntmonster you’ve been promising me?”
    Don’t do it! Ball-cutting cybersuccubi have WAY better benefits.

2. bluebears
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

It’s considerate of all these people, wanting you to be voted miss congeniality and all.

3. Kate
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

I am SO going to be using “raging cuntmonster!”

4. Ariel
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

With your new title as Raging Cuntmonster, and leaving the old department of Ball-Cutting Succubi,
    you’ll have to get new business cards.

5. DeafBrownTrash
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

How about that “whiney bitch” shut up, go to the kitchen and make me a sandwich… oh sorry… was that sexist?
    Yeah, sexism still exists… and we’ll gladly “WHINE” about it everyday!

6. LoveKrystal
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

Ugh.. so pathetic. I mean really. Some people have nothing better to do than just rag on other people for doing something meaningful with their lives. As though having the right to vote is the only thing that woman needed the opportunity to do. And I am pretty annoyed with the assumption that I have the same option as any man with no skills in construction to just become a construction worker?
    I was talking about this with a friend the other day. My boyfriend keeps getting all these random job offers. like digging ditches and random things like that.. and I just wonder if he’s only getting these offers because he’s a boy. He obviously has no experience in the “digging ditches business” but because he’s a boy they figure he’s strong and capable .. and that shit pisses me off..
    ROAR!
    If someone gave me the chance.. I could dig a damn ditch!

7. Ori
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

Definitely sounds like an insecure man sock-puppeting as a woman. Grow up, dude!

8. preppy
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

i’ve never understood write-ins like this. trying to put you in your place by saying ‘i’m a woman and i want you to shut up’ or ‘i’m a woman and i disagree with you, so SHUT UP’ like that somehow balances out and/or cancels out your opinions.
    so bizarre.

9. kahri
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

Wow, why didn’t it occur to me before that conservative apologists would like me better if I could just shut the hell up?
    Oh wait, it did occur me…

10. attentat
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

Ugh. I know these are supposed to be something peeps can read and be like, wow, these haters suck and not get too bothered by it, but that second to last one pisses me off. “We are lucky enough to live in a society that if that’s what you want to do [be a construction worker], then you CAN do it.” Ask almost any woman in construction how easy it is getting along in that world as a woman. Then ask any feminist woman (or an woman who thinks it’s important to stand up for herself regardless of what she calls herself) in construction the same question. Then, proceed to shut the fuck up.

11. liz
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

School’s just getting started and these 14 year-old boys are already not paying attention and playing around in their computer lab?
    Seriously, these sound like a collective voice of a few adolescent boys.

12. PamelaVee
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

I hate anti-feminist women more than I hate anti-feminist men. They are the worst!

13. sangetencre
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

I have an icon over on Livejournal. I’m not sure who made it originally…but I think its text kind of fits nicely here:
    “If I plucked my eyebrows, got married, stopped voting, wore make up, believed magazines, got a boob job, became nice, quit my job, starved myself, had children, dropped out of uni, accepted the double standard, accepted the glass ceiling, didn’t tease, calmed down, developed a maternal instinct, welcomed your laws on my body, styled my hair, was seen and not heard, shaved my legs on a regular basis, didn’t say “privilege,” or “patriarchy,” or “feminism,” wore high heels, turned straight, went shopping, hated my body, wore skirts, shut the fuck up, stopped swearing, fell in love with housework, became illiterate, lost weight, couldn’t lift heavy objects, didn’t argue, perfumed my twat, became chaste, stopped thinking: would that satisfy you? (Or do you expect fellatio as well?)”

14. cebes
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

Wow, “Raging Cuntmonster” would be a great name for a rock band.

15. VT Idealist
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

They can open for Vagiant (an awesome female punk band from Boston). I can see the marquee in my head now…

16. VT Idealist
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

I’ve been thinking about my own choices of words lately. In re-reading my comment, I think it says something that I felt the need to specify that Vagiant are a female punk band, as opposed to just a punk band. The specifier implies that punk bands are assumed male by default. I don’t want to derail the conversation, just doing some self reflection.

17. uberhausfrau
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 4:20 pm | Permalink

that’s funny because i would love a job outside and in the dirt – im hoping to find one come spring on a landscaping team or something.

18. Alessa
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

Haha isn’t it great when you don’t even need to help an idiot make their intelligence level so obvious?
    LOVE it.
    I hope they’re reading these message boards. Now we’ve switched from whiny to just flat out bitchy!
    I suppose ignorance is bliss in their case too… I love how they argue that since things are better here than in some other places there can’t POSSIBLY still be sexism in our society. It’s despicable that we would even try to think and fight it! Thank you writer, you’ve really helped us to see the light.

19. LSG
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

While I understand your irritation with anti-feminist women, PamelaVee, I think it’s extremely unfair not to consider the power of internalized oppression. For many women, being anti-feminist is a way to work the system that’s already in place, earning head-pats from the patriarchal authority structure. For others, it’s a survival tactic. Others have been socially indoctrinated to loathe all women.
    Yes, women have all too often been conscripted by the patriarchy to keep all women down, but I think your hatred is seriously misplaced.

20. bukowski's back
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

Jessica and commenters:
    don’t you realize you’re making the same mistake you argued against in the Caster Semenya case? You all were bent because it was assumed that Semenya was a man based on outward appearance, but you’re so quick to say that this commenter is a man despite saying she’s a woman. what gives?
    Also, the emailer’s tone aside, don’t you all ever consider her points? If 75% of the population tunes out because they perceive you as complaining too much, doesn’t that hurt your end goal? Or do you just not care? Is your movement only one for purists? If you don’t buy into the movement wholesale you’re not welcome?
    Instead of belittling the emailer (and more importantly people who share those same viewpoints w/o the ad hominem attacks) you all should address them. Those of us outside feminism see a web of incongruency and contradictions. If you want your message to resonate, I suggest a little PR….but then again, idealists don’t really do PR do they?

21. roxie
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 6:58 pm | Permalink

The answers to all your questions are here http://finallyfeminism101.wordpress.com/

22. friendlyfeminist
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 7:33 pm | Permalink

I want to live in whatever world this woman is living in, because it sounds pretty SWEET! Clearly it’s a land where:
    *No woman is ever raped and then told they had it coming because they were wearing tight clothes.
    *No woman ever got called a bitch because she didn’t accept the advances of Random Guy On The Street.
    *All women in every community in every state receive equal pay for equal work. Even minorities!
    *There’s an equal representation of women and men in all levels of government.
    *There aren’t wingnuts trying to dismantle women’s right to make their own reproductive decisions.
    *Human trafficking of girls and women never occurs.
    *No woman ever suffers or dies at the hands of a domestic abuser.
    *No woman is ever asked questions about her sexual history as part of a rape investigation.
    And that’s just the beginning of how wonderful the world this woman is living in must be. Please tell me where this land is, so that I can go live there. Because it sounds a hell of a lot better than the world I’m living in.

23. bukowski's back
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 8:02 pm | Permalink

yes, there is misogyny in this world, but there’s also misandry.
    how about a world where:
    *men are screwed by no-fault divorce, alimony payments, and excessive child support
    *women own the means to reproduction, namely they have an innate power of sexual choice which supercedes and rules most behaviors of men. not only do you have that control, for the most part, you also want overarching power in the political and economic realm. there is some sort of tradeoff inherent in our different genetically “created” natures.
    *men get called “creepy” for hitting on a woman or are called dogs for expressing our inherent attractions to women
    *boys suffer under the liberal, feminist inspired education system which has evolved for the sake of uniformity.
    *men make up about 99% of the “death occupations” compared to women.
    *men are subjected to combat and die in war for the protection of society as a whole much more than women. sure, feminists want women to be in combat, but if that came to fruition how many women would actually sign up?
    *socialist policies in government have led to a recession (he-cession) in which 80% of all lost jobs are men’s. most of the jobs being created, in the public sector, are predominantly occupied by women.
    *men in some states and countries are forced to raise a child previously thought to be theirs, when they finally find out, through DNA testing, that they were cuckolded.
    So misogyny exists, but so does misandry. That doesn’t change the fact that women have control over many more realms outside the economic and political that men will *never* occupy.

24. ShelbyWoo
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

There are tons of resources at you disposal if you truly want to learn about feminism, you are free to use any and all of them. Coming on to a website for feminists and then demanding the website owners and participants educate you is not one of those resources.
    89% of statistics are made-up on the spot.

25. beth
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 8:27 pm | Permalink

I would sign up for the military.
    “liberal, feminist-inspired education system”? Really? Because we sure didn’t have that at my school. If we had, then my education might have been a bit more worthwhile.
    “innate power of sexual choice”? Oh just go blow yourself already. I am almost ashamed to be giving you the attention and derailing the thread, but this is such an UTTER FUCKING LIE that I can’t just leave it be. Our reproductive choice and health options are severeley limited…by conservatives…and mostly by men. If certain conservative men got it through their heads that women are, in fact, their equals, then reproductive choice would be something we could discus and work on together as equal human beings instead of something that we are forced to use time fighting for.
    Why don’t you go and do some real research on social, political, and economic roles of females and males? And then, why don’t you come back with some actual statistics?
    Come on, feminists, back me up here.

26. friendlyfeminist
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 8:29 pm | Permalink

Yeah, those poor underpriveleged white males. They just can’t catch a break.

27. hellotwin
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

You misunderstand feminism…it’s about equality for the sexes, which, last time I checked means more than one (aka men and women).
    To address your other concerns:
    - last time I checked, it takes a sperm and an egg to create a baby…
    -It is creepy when some men hit on women, but not every man. When you’re old enough to be my father or grandfather, it’s creepy. Also, the label “dog” generally doesn’t apply to respectful people. Drooling, catcalling, making obscene gestures, grabbing people – inappropriate. Oh, and not all men are “inherently” attracted to women.
    -boys AND girls suffer in our education system – it has nothing to do with feminism
    -military right now is voluntary, and many combat positions are not open to women. Don’t want to die?? Don’t sign up.
    -men are, generally, in more higher paying positions than women, guess what – they are the first ones to be cut in a recession.
    -if you’re not sure the child is yours, get an f-ing DNA test done before the child grows up.

28. Dematrah
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 8:48 pm | Permalink

Is it normal for a “what about the MEN?” comment to come in this early?
    Poor, poor baby.

29. friendlyfeminist
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:06 pm | Permalink

I sure feel for any woman who reproduces with this guy. Clearly he feels the financial support of his biological children to be an “excessive” expense, perhaps the product of those evil feminine wiles that are always getting him down. And last I checked, the fallout of “cuckolding” wasn’t exactly feeding the foster care system. For that we can, at least in part, point to deadbeat dads who think they’ve been robbed in family court. Seriously? Excessive child support? Every single dad I know is more than HAPPY to give his last goddamn dime to his kids. What’s your excuse?
    I hate to be the one to break it to you dude, but your language absolutely drips with the sexism you claim to be above. And you shoot yourself in the foot with your own argument. Let’s assume for one second that what you wrote about women taking more than their share from men isn’t the utter bullshit that it is. Kinda sounds like you’re arguing that it isn’t right for one sex to dominate economically, politically, professionally, etc. Well how about that! But alas, the garbage that just spewed forth from your keyboard is just that, garbage. It’s your opinion as a man who clearly feels he has been shafted by women. You’re right. Misandry exists. But you aren’t experiencing it. If all the misandry that exists were rolled into a ball and put next to the absolute bullshit women have to put up with on a daily basis–if your struggle as a poor wronged white dude were put next to the struggle every woman on this planet makes every day just to get a little fucking respect–no one would even see it because it wouldn’t compare. So shut the fuck up.

30. bukowski's back
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:19 pm | Permalink

i’m not seeking pity for myself. i’m perfectly fine. so the digs of “poor baby” and all that are misplaced when aimed at me.
    plus, they won’t have their desired effect.
    our education system has been constructed with egalitarian ends in mind. everyone is the same, for the most part, all the way through school. there is no differentiation. boys and girls are taught and handled as if they are the same: they’re not. boys suffer most under this system as shown by their slow learning progress and behavioral issues. let boys be boys. christine hoff somers: “The War Against Boys.”
    “”innate power of sexual choice”? Oh just go blow yourself already.”
    Not to derail, but how many women are hindered by this perceived “lack of abortion rights”. i’ve known plenty of women, rich and poor who are able to get the abortions they want. They cost, what, $500? not very much money for such a big issue.
    regarding paternity testing:
    obviously there would be some feminist road-blocks to this. are you, as feminists, opposed to paternity testing on demand? and how do you feel if a man finds out, after the fact, that he is not the father of his assumed child?

31. beth
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:30 pm | Permalink

“let boys be boys”? Please. Just go to AskMen or something where your kind belongs.
    I wasn’t referring to abortion rights–and nowhere did I even mention the word “abortion.” It seems mine is not the one-track mind here. And $500? That’s two months rent–I have more important things to use my money for. And they often cost a lot more than that–For the waiting period–there’s the travel costs for rural women. And don’t forget the social and emotional costs of needing a perfectly safe and legal procedure but still being harassed by anti-choicers who think they know better than pregnant women.
    Not only that, woman do not choose everything in when it comes to dating. But since you’ve obviously never had real contact with women, it’s ok that you don’t know.

32. bukowski's back
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

friendly:
    as feminists, you all should be arguing that men and women are *inherently* equally capable of taking care of children, but as wel all know, courts assume the mother as caretraker by default. men are at the mercy of the court, and often (as in the case of my parents) at the mercy of the mother (my mother is a saint and didn’t put up a fight to let my father see his kids even though she could have had grounds for doing so).
    look, i’m all in favor of equality between the sexes, but moreso, i’m against government meddling in human interaction. government intrusion in the courts and on the side of women in the economic realm have overshot their intended goal of equality *in the aggregate*.
    before, women had the power of the cradle, womb, and kitchen; now they have those plus almost equal power in other realms to the extend that men are barely needed. some women may think that’s fine, but it’s not good for society as a whole. you need men who are invested in this culture.
    to address an issue from earlier: men invented contraception and birth control.

33. Auriane
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

WTF? I spent several years working in construction. I built things and drove heavy equipment. I also did stage rigging and pyrotechnics before I got my college degrees because it was far less patronizing than being a waitress. If anything, construction work made me into a bigger feminist than ever, but the best part is, my participation turned many of my colleagues into feminists as well.

34. friendlyfeminist
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

Try $3000, fella. Do a little research on the accessibility of abortion services in this country before you drop in here dropping figures and grinding axes. And if you don’t feel you personally have been harmed by feminism, then WTF is your problem? Sorry, I don’t buy it. The type of person who would leave a comment like yours is the type of person who feels threatened when people who have been shortchanged on the basis of their gender, ethnicity or sexual orientation ask for what they are entitled to as human fucking beings.

35. Sabriel
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

This guy is not worth the time it takes to reply…

36. ShelbyWoo
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:42 pm | Permalink

Not to derail…
    So, since you don’t want to derail…
    The topic today is: Hatemail Feministing Recieves. (not “but, what about the MENZ?!?”)

37. Auriane
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:43 pm | Permalink

38. friendlyfeminist
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:47 pm | Permalink

I should clarify, up to $3000, depending on how far along with woman is, who the provider is and whether or not she has insurance.

39. Shy Mox
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:47 pm | Permalink

“am i throwing bombs here? just bringing up points. try using the respect i’m affording you here, please. it’s funny that you automatically assumed i’m speaking about abortion rights. i’m not talking about that. i’m talking about female choice in the market for mating and dating. *women* choose. your one-track mind is hurting you if you think the only relevant issue pertaining to male/female reproduction is the aborting of it. that being said, i’m all for a woman’s right to choose.”
    So because women don’t want to fuck you it means “poor men?” Are you an asshole for rejecting a woman? This type of thinking is what enables rape, women “refuse”, is a bitch, deserved what she got. I’ve been groped, yelled at, cat called, had my arm nearly popped out of its socket, all because I had the audacity to show up at a bar and not show any interest in men. And I’m the luckiest girl I know because thats the worst that happened to me, thats not to speak of women who were raped, beaten and killed because they apparently had too much control over dating.

40. bukowski's back
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

beth, et al.:
    everytime i visit here, i hope that we can have rational discourse, but i’m disappointed every time. am i being a prick here?
    i don’t think so. yeah, i’m arguing for a different viewpoint, but your reaction gets to the point of the original email that stirred this debate: you start calling names and spouting off thus turning people away from your argument. behave like an adult. perhaps you don’t agree with my position, but i don’t agree with yours either. there, we’re even.
    wrt abortion, this is what you said:
    “Our reproductive choice and health options are severeley limited…by conservatives…and mostly by men.”
    you didn’t say the word “abortion” but that’s obviously what you’re alluding to. reproductive choice implies choice to forgo reproduction aka abortion.
    “And they often cost a lot more than that–For the waiting period–there’s the travel costs for rural women”
    so we should provide abortions for anyone whenever they want it? would that not create a lot more abortions in the first place? if a woman is assured of an abortion whenever, wherever, her behavior might change, for the worse. subsidizing abortions is not the way to go. i need a new car, should i be provided with that just because i want it? who dictates that a rural woman’s desire for an abortion is a more noble reason for subsidy than mine? here’s the solution, neither one of us, the rural woman or myself get what we want *just because*.
    There are fewer options for cars in my city, but i have to deal with that and make consolations. likewise, if a rural woman wants an abortion, she can save up her money and find a ride to the clinic. why is this such a big issue with you all?
    regarding the protesters: i disagree with them, but they are exercising their right to free speech. life isn’t fair and its not pretty, sometimes we have to deal with shit we don’t want to to get the things we do.
    “But since you’ve obviously never had real contact with women”
    again with the personal attacks. i don’t take them personally because i know you have no way of knowing my situation or what i do or don’t get from women. we’ll leave it anonymous like that because your opinion doesn’t matter since we can throw bombs behind the shield of the internet.

41. hellotwin
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:51 pm | Permalink

Yes, the education system does hurt boys. The education system also hurts girls when they are not called on as much as boys or discouraged to take part in math and science classes because they’re not “girly” or because it’s not “girly” to be smart. Education in this country just plain sucks for a lot of people.
    Women choose in mating and dating? What the hell does that even mean? Pretty sure when I go on dates and get married (all the time) it’s a mutual thing. We choose to be with each other. Everyone has standards, including (gasp!) men and we choose who we want to be with by those standards. If a guy doesn’t like a girl, he is just as likely to NOT choose to continue dating her as a girl who doesn’t like a guy.
    If a guy finds out he’s not the father, he’s off the hook legally. Not really a whole lot else to do there.

42. friendlyfeminist
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:51 pm | Permalink

Yes, de-derailing this trolled-up thread. :) How about that anti-feminist mail Jessica got???

43. bukowski's back
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

well a friend of mine who duped two guys : one her boyfriend and the other guy she was fucking on the side into paying for her abortion got half from each party. $250 each.
    here’s a quick post from a seemingly unbiased website. it says they are “low cost” and throws the figure $350 out there. so that’s only 1.4 months rent. that’s progress.

44. ShelbyWoo
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

Then, according to the author of this lovely missive, “you really need to keep your mouth shut.” Because, you know, you CAN do it, so, therefore you shouldn’t talk about feminism or fight for equality…or something.
    Ok, now my head hurts from using this person’s “logic.”

45. hellotwin
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:54 pm | Permalink

Thanks for bringing us back. Sometimes it’s just too damn hard to resist those trolls…

46. SaraLaffs
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:59 pm | Permalink

“…men invented contraception and birth control.”
    Um, really??? Here’s some Googling for you: Margaret Sanger.
    And…”as feminists, you all should be arguing that men and women are *inherently* equally capable of taking care of children…”
    No, I will NOT make you a fucking sandwich.

47. asseenontv
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:59 pm | Permalink

Well that’s rather sexist of you. I consider anti-feminist men and women to be equal and I hate them the same.

48. bukowski's back
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

re: trolling, derailing
    my first comment had *everything* to do with jessica’s post. i responded that instead of belittling the commenter, you can also listen to the spirit of the email. dissenting voices are good sometimes.
    friendlyfeminist responded in kind with a laundry list of misogyny in our society, and the snowball grew from there.
    so friendlyfem, go back and read the initial exchange. you’ll find that i’m not the troll here, indeed, it is you.

49. ShelbyWoo
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

Hmmm, are you being an asshat (I don’t use gendered insults)? Let’s see…you come onto a website by feminists and for feminists and derail a thread about hate mail the site receives by first demanding we educate people on feminism. You further derail the thread by posting perceived ills toward men, blaming feminism for them, and then demanding the readers of the site refute them and defend feminism. Again, on a post about hate mail the site receives. On top of all of that, you have the nerve to call us rude for not capitulating to your demands. Yeah, I’d say you are being an asshat.

50. Auriane
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 10:30 pm | Permalink

For Bukowski,
    A few men invented modern birth control (women have been using other methods for thousands of years), but you know what a woman invented at around the same time? KEVLAR.
    Socialist-inspired recession? Last time I checked, Bush was a born-again Christian and hard-line capitalist. Clinton’s corporatist policies helped, too, but hey, at least he balanced the budget before he left. Lest you forget, the recession started before Obama arrived at the White House (remember those two wars we’re in, you know, the ones costing us millions of dollars a nanosecond?), and we’ve got unchecked capitalist deregulation (which also led to many non-public service jobs leaving the country) to thank for negative public opinion of said system, so if anyone’s to blame for socialism in America, it’s those who enabled it to creep into our lives in the first place with their unbridled, unchecked greed. That part of your argument — the so-called “he-session” — has very little to do with women’s equality. You guys want your jobs back? Go talk to the company owners (most likely men, btw) who took the business overseas to save pennies on the dollar.