Friday funny: Pope condoms

Ok, so I know the Vatican’s actual policies on contraception and safe sex are far from hilarious, but I had a good laugh at this today:

Thanks for the link, Phoebe.

1. Ayla
    Posted March 27, 2009 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

Bwa ha ha ha. The best part is, if you’re careful not to tear him when you open it you can prop him up on the bedside table and make him watch you put it on.

2. naters
    Posted March 27, 2009 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

Ok this just plain rules! Happy Friday indeed :-)
    Would it be wrong to give this to some of my Catholic friends, to go along with their chastity cards? (yeah, they are actual cards)

3. katemoore
    Posted March 27, 2009 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

If the abstinence-only folks got hold of these, maybe their programs would work!

4. ArtByMoretti
    Posted March 27, 2009 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

I’ve found it’s times like these I wish for a moment that I were straight and had a purpose for using condoms (other than making ballon animals). Okay, okay I’m kidding … sort of. ;-)

5. Chickensh*tEagle
    Posted March 27, 2009 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

They’re hole-y condoms, right? ;-)

6. G Felis
    Posted March 27, 2009 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

I found this also to be very, very funny – in The Onion’s usual rather dark way:

7. JudoJohn
    Posted March 27, 2009 at 7:20 pm | Permalink

hahahaha nice!
    If you don’t play the game, you don’t make the rules!
    I’m just glad his face isn’t printed in on the tip……..

8. Dena
    Posted March 27, 2009 at 7:47 pm | Permalink

That would definitely be the creepiest thing ever. To have the Pope’s face on the tip of a condom whilst having sex. *shudders*

9. JudoJohn
    Posted March 27, 2009 at 8:11 pm | Permalink

I just wonder if, right at the *climax*, one would cry “sieg heil!” and throw up the salute……
    oh man, that was bad, did I say that out loud?

10. Chickensh*tEagle
    Posted March 27, 2009 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

Very good. Too bad Tommy’s in L.A. did it first, decades ago.

11. danielle
    Posted March 27, 2009 at 9:37 pm | Permalink

ok, I can only see half of each comment b/c the ads are overlapping waaaayyyy too far…but what the hell does a chastity card consist of??

12. aftercancer
    Posted March 27, 2009 at 11:01 pm | Permalink

Can we buy them and have them distributed at Planned Parenthood? The local HIV doctors? Please!

13. Omniel
    Posted March 28, 2009 at 12:30 am | Permalink

Is there any chance we can get him to bless these as well? Sorry I couldn’t resist. >.

14. Mikaela
    Posted March 28, 2009 at 11:31 am | Permalink

hahahaha thats great! I’m hearing it said like the one line in “Wet Hot American Summer”. Any one else?

15. LalaReina
    Posted March 28, 2009 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

I’m catholic and while I believe in birth control I find it as lame as the chicken fast food place naming a brand after Obama.

16. juliestevenson23
    Posted March 28, 2009 at 5:47 pm | Permalink

Hahaha, omgosh Ayla, that was hilarious!
    On a side note, I’m sorry to anyone that I offend, but you have to understand, I’m in no way religious in any nature, just in the fact that I believe in god. :)
    - Julie, Credit Reports (Financial Consultant)

17. LalaReina
    Posted March 28, 2009 at 7:14 pm | Permalink

On second thought it is kind of funny, I feel persecuted as a catholic on here sometimes :)

18. Liza
    Posted March 28, 2009 at 10:23 pm | Permalink

Well that wouldn’t be very effective. lol

19. naters
    Posted March 28, 2009 at 11:45 pm | Permalink

They are basically these laminated cards reminding them of their promise to save themselves for God and marriage. The people I know all had them given to them by the nuns at their church and they have definitely told me sometimes they put it on the bed between them and their partner when things are getting too “intense”.
    I am not gonna lie, I thought they were joking at first and started giggling. Suuuuper awkward when I discovered they were serious.

20. M0xieHart
    Posted March 29, 2009 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

All I can think of is the episode of The Simpsons that’s like a Behind the Music special where you find out that Marge marketed a line of diaphragms with her disapproving face on them.

21. Chip Bell
    Posted April 14, 2009 at 5:47 am | Permalink

Oh my no god! that is too funny ha ha ha!