Music I love: Little Dragon

So this is pretty much unrelated to feminism, but I just want to start Tuesday off on the right foot with this gem from a band I got to see on Friday in their first ever US show. They are called Little Dragon and they are from Sweden and have a nice electronic neo-soul sound with lovely strong female vocals. I love new music that has yet to be tarnished by the mainstream and I was so pumped about this band, I had to share. Check em out and tell me what you think.

Happy Tuesday! What did you do over the weekend? Anything interesting?

1. dashaway
    Posted December 2, 2008 at 9:09 am | Permalink

i really like it…also am really digging the video…thanks for sharing!

2. lindsaylu94
    Posted December 2, 2008 at 10:20 am | Permalink

the video looks a lot like kara walker’s. i really enjoyed this song. thanks!

3. Stephie
    Posted December 2, 2008 at 11:11 am | Permalink

For those who like this song by Little Dragon, I suggest looking for a track called “Sleep Tight Tiger” by Husky Rescue…
    actually just found it…

4. sari
    Posted December 2, 2008 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

I won tickets to see them in Santa Barbara a few weeks ago and it was luscious!! The other two bands that opened for them both had fantastic women in them. It was an amazing night of music, Little Dragon is awesome!

5. Jenny Bomb
    Posted December 2, 2008 at 10:24 pm | Permalink

What a beautiful video.
    Thanks for sharing, I’ll be sure to check more Little Dragon out!

6. Posted December 3, 2008 at 2:33 am | Permalink

rad, Samhita. thanks for posting this!

7. Sonya Klarson
    Posted September 19, 2009 at 5:32 am | Permalink

A sixth area of exploration is assessing how the conditions for creativity are created. This focuses especially on programmes in education and learning. Yet this should not be restricted to schools and institutions of higher learning but should also include professional development and informal learning.
    A seventh element is an audit of obstacles to creativity, as it is increasingly recognized that highlighting obstacles, which themselves become targets for creative action, is at least as important as highlighting best practices.