Monday Monty Blogging (smackdown edition)

So Monty loves his new cousin Tweet – I mean LOVES her. He goes absolutely nuts every time I bring her over to Jessica’s, hence this adorable video of them playing. My favorite part is 0:50 in where Tweet starts batting at him at super speed; kitty don’t fuck around.

1. tsokol
    Posted November 24, 2008 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

Monty confronts Kitty-Fu, fastest paws in the west.
    Monty overcomes due to greater ability to bring forth his essence (salivate)

2. Robbert
    Posted November 24, 2008 at 7:42 pm | Permalink

I kinda feel bad for Tweet. Consider that she licks herself clean. Even if Monty is just friendly and playful, would you want to lick his drool of you? I think she’s just going: “Hold on boy, Down, calm. Aargh, not the tongue!”.

3. Clare
    Posted November 24, 2008 at 8:00 pm | Permalink

Hee hee! She reminds me of my mom’s kitten! Same color, same FIERCE ATTACKING.

4. colleen
    Posted November 24, 2008 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

Tweet is way nicer to Monty than my cat to the dog that is temporarily living with her! My cat, Berkeley, just hisses and the dog (a mix of German Shepard, among other things) hightails it out of there!

5. maggie
    Posted November 25, 2008 at 1:35 am | Permalink

does this conjure up childhood memories of Chance and Sassy from Homeward Bound for anyone else?

6. MaggieF
    Posted November 25, 2008 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

When my cat was a baby he would play with the dog a lot, and most of the time would end up chewing on the dog’s lip while the dog chewed on his head. It was kind of spectacular.

7. Doug S.
    Posted November 25, 2008 at 11:08 pm | Permalink

I wish the video wasn’t so blocky…