I am really into lists lately. After Courtney’s ten things she can do without and my own replica, along with all the responses we got, I figure why not make it a weekly feature. So similar to Amanda’s Friday Random Ten, here is my second crack at the Tuesday Ten.
I have been thinking about highlighting men that do feminist work in their blogging (sort of in the vain of Twanna’s Manly Monday, but different trajectory). Many of these men, I don’t know personally, so I will not say they are feminists, however, in much of their writing I have found they support many of my ideals.
So here goes. This is my list of who I consider feminist friendly male bloggers.
1. Scott Lemiuex from Lawyers, Guns and Money
2. Nezua from the Unapologetic Mexican
3. Kevin from Slant Truth
4. Jay Smooth aka the Illdoctrine
5. Jesse Taylor from Pandagon
6. Baratunde Thurston from Jack and Jill Politics
7. Kai Chang from Zuky.
8. J Brotherlove.
9. Hugo Schwyzer
A couple of caveats.
1. This list is by no means exhaustive, nor is it ordered in any way (i. e. best to worst).
2. This is only my opinion from what I have read of them. I am sure none of the men on this list are perfect, but I hold the steadfast belief that nobody is perfect, but we are doing the best we can. I only want to highlight what I see as good work being done, work I can get behind and bloggers I know would probably get behind what we do at Feministing. I also wanted to bring attention to some men doing really amazing work, that you may not have heard of.
3. I fully recognize that I am buying into binary gender systems here and would like to expand this notion of “man” if anybody would do so graciously in comments.
4. I also recognize that men often get more credit than women as respected sources in political writing and blogging. So before you even look at this list, remember and pay homage to all the amazing women that blog tirelessly (for a rather comprehensive list please see our blogroll) and have been doing so for a long time. Thank you ladies!