Friday Feminist Fuck You: Bill O’Reilly

You knew this one was coming.

Approximate transcript below the jump.

Fuck you, Bill O’Reilly.
This video has been a long time coming, and this most recent comment just made it necessary. Like I really don’t understand how he can be on television, it’s sort of ridiculous. But lest not forget, this is Fox News we’re talking about. Anyway, Ann posted earlier today on a recent show of his, where he talks about Michelle Obama with Vogue reporter Rebecca Johnson, where he asks:
“I have a lot of people who call me on the radio and say she looks angry. And I have to say there’s some validity to that. She looks like an angry woman. Did you ask her about that?”
First of all, did he really just ask this woman is she asked Michelle Obama about her anger? What I want to know is, Bill O’Reilly, would YOU ask Michelle Obama, “Michelle Obama, are you an angry woman? You’re just an angry black woman aren’t you?” Fucking asshole.
Sadly, this isn’t the first time that the term “angry black woman” has been brought up when discussing Michelle Obama, not coincidentally by Fox News.
But back to Bill, most of us know he doesn’t have a great reputation in the racist/sexist department. For example, he once said referring to Michelle that he doesn’t “want to go on a lynching party against Michelle Obama unless there’s evidence, hard facts…” Yes, really.
He also falsely claimed during a discussion on abortion that it “is never the case” that a “mother’s life is in danger” during pregnancy because “you can always have a C-section and do those kinds of things.” Tell that to the families of the thousands of women who have died from maternal death.
Or another time he made a comment about Harvard making a $50 million pledge to recruit more women in their staff:
“Any woman who signs on to work at Harvard gets 100 pair of shoes…to make it even more enticing, they’re gonna give women shoes, because all women want shoes.”
These are just a couple of examples. But this last one really takes the cake for me. So with that being said, here’s a big angry, feminist fuck you to Bill O’Reilly.

1. AlmostAmanda
    Posted September 19, 2008 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

Forget about Friday, I think Bill O’Reilly deserves a Forever Feminist Fuck You!

2. Posted September 19, 2008 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

I guess that Bill O’Reilly’s recent feminist epiphany was a short lived one?
    Ohhh right, it only appears if Palin is ever criticized.

3. Posted September 19, 2008 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

My boss said the same stupid-ass thing yesterday.

4. CatInTheCorner
    Posted September 19, 2008 at 9:49 pm | Permalink

The awful thing is there are so many boys my age(I’m 12) who say that they’re democrats but completely agree with this. I guess it’s just because they’re young they think boys are better than girls… but it’s so friggin’ annoying! Not to mention using “gay” as an insult.

5. Posted September 20, 2008 at 3:32 am | Permalink

Why are feminists always so uptight and angry at the world?

6. geekgirl
    Posted September 20, 2008 at 3:50 am | Permalink

I wish youtube had closed captioning,it’d make watching these videos easier,I like hearing everything thats said but thank you guys for doing a transcript! Bill O’Reilly can kiss my ass. I can sleep easy knowing he’s so knowledgeable about womens health now,much less pregnant womens health.His remark about women and shoes is *soo* cute. I bet he learned that women love shoes from the oh so culturally accurate show Sex in the City. What I don’t get is this “angry black women” issue. I just read an article on that and it’s like a hysteria, “oh don’t piss off the black woman,she might go off and thats scary”. I cannot imagine having to feel that I have to censor myself and my anger because of my skin color. I cannot imagine how hard it has to be on guard to avoid being stereotyped like that on top of already being a woman and expected to fit the “mold”. I mean a tag has to be attached to everything,it’s so stupid. It’s just a way to divert attention from the real issues at hand and another way to perpetuate stereotypes and racism. How exactly do you know every time someone is angry? Am I missing something,like maybe an anger gauge or radar ? Maybe she’s not angry maybe she’s tired of hearing the b.s. about her being angry looking. Maybe she’s saddened by the fact that things like her thesis are being blown out proportion. Maybe,just maybe she doesn’t like to smile. Sadly,media like this is not going to take any of that into account. So yes a big FYF BILL O”REILLY, you frigging moron. I have an idea for using those shoes but, I’m shutting up now.

7. Dominique
    Posted September 20, 2008 at 10:15 am | Permalink

From the Roland Buckles website:
    Roland moved to Las Vegas in the late 80′s. He has seen our city grow, and is familiar with the valley.
    Roland’s clients are like family. Their priorities become his priorities, and their goals become his goals.
    Roland is a member of MLS (Multiple Listing Service) and he can show you any Real Estate listing you are interested in. Please call him today for all your Southern Nevada Real Estate needs.
    Add
    - Roland Buckles likes to engage in constant acts of futility by posting on feminist websites where HE KNOWS HE IS NOT WELCOME

8. Judith Jewcakes
    Posted September 20, 2008 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

“Why are feminists always so uptight and angry at the world?”
    Good question. Watch the film for one of about a billion good answers!

9. Posted September 20, 2008 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

This is a guy who referred to the /b/-tards who hacked Palin’s email as a ‘far left extremist group’… given their fondness for guns, misogyny and racism, you’d think they’d be model young Republicans.
    I hate it when words begin to lose meaning. :(
    My question for the dude is ‘Who isn’t angry at America right now? And how the hell could you not be!?!’

10. Posted September 20, 2008 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

“Fvck you.”
    “No, fvck you.”
    I insist. Fvck YOU.”
    “That’s very kind, but fvck you.”
    “I reiterate most strenuously, “FVCK YOU!”
    “No! It would be most impolite not to FVCK YOU & the horse you rode in on.”
    “Fvck off!”
    “Fvck up.”
    “Fvck you.”
    “No, fvck you.”
    ~Such a constructive discussion. Really accomplished a lot. Like a b1tch session.

11. Male Senior Citizen
    Posted September 21, 2008 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Thanks for Feministing’s righteous anger about Bill “O”. I’m a 64-year old white male; a father & grandfather. I should be square in Bill O’s demographic, but I am not. I stopped watching network & cable news on any regular basis after the Iraq debacle started. My blood pressure could not take it. That being said, I looked at Bill’s recent clip & confidently believe that Mr. Bill is scared-to-death of what Michelle Obama is & represents: Well educated, articulate & intelligent women (of any background) who can balance the demands of their lives and form the coherent basis of a re-emergent American liberal-left. Even if Michelle Obama is “angry”, so what? Righteous anger which speaks the truth to power is more persuasive than any of the “Stepford-Wife” drivel which Bill presumably likes. Frankly, I believe Bill is concerned that when Barack becomes President, his job (Bill’s) will be on the line with Rupert Murdoch. Rupert may be willing to cut Bill loose if he (Murdoch) thinks it is politically expedient & the tide has turned. After all, Murdoch hedges his programming on Fox News with the Simpsons. Rupert knows that “liberal” Bart is as iconic as Mickey Mouse. In 70 years, there will still be a Bart Simpson & clan. Bill “O” will just be a bad historical footnote.