A Feministing Affair

Hope you can join us!
Feministing4years.jpg

1. courtneyz
    Posted May 15, 2008 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

I work at a bookstore in Omaha,NE. I read jessicas first book and it was life changing. I didnt realize that other women felt the same way that i did. I will be honest though i do not agree with some of the abortion issues. But that is my personal opinion and i am learning more everyday. I bought the book for me and ordered more for the store which i featured. I also ordered her first book. I love sharing jessicas views with other people. Thank you so much, jessica you are an amazing woman.
    -courtney

2. Posted May 15, 2008 at 1:15 pm | Permalink

That is so great! :) I can’t wait to read Jessica’s second book, and I wish i could be there! Sounds like fun!
    Congrats on 4 years!

3. ponypants
    Posted May 15, 2008 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

I wish I lived a little closer! I would just love the opportunity to meet you gals.
    But I would like to say that I am about half-way through He’s A Stud, She’s A Slut and I absolutely love it. I can’t wait for whatever’s next : )
    CONGRATS on 4 years!!

4. jfaustus
    Posted May 15, 2008 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

Yay! Congrats. Will be picking up the book today and will definitely be there on the 30th!

5. Jessica
    Posted May 15, 2008 at 3:55 pm | Permalink

yay! a note to commenters who plan on coming – introduce yourselves!!

6. amanda
    Posted May 15, 2008 at 4:10 pm | Permalink

Woot! I’ll be in NY for the 5th anniversary of Drinking Liberally, so I’d love to stop by.
    See you soon!

7. BlurpleBerry
    Posted May 15, 2008 at 6:11 pm | Permalink

Does this bash have an age limit or other similar criterium?

8. MLEmac
    Posted May 15, 2008 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

I loved the book.
    Now I’m getting my boyfriend to read it…..

9. Maeve
    Posted May 15, 2008 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

I wish I lived in NYC, or close to it, so I could go! Too bad none of the Feministing ladies live in Oregon. :-(
    I loved Jessica’s first book (I read it in four hours, couldn’t put it down) and I definitely plan on buying this new one as well. I’m going to have to wait a couple of months though. Right now I’m saving up to move into an apartment.

10. rileystclair
    Posted May 15, 2008 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

cheers, jessica!
    i can’t wait to read the book and i would totally celebrate with you guys if i weren’t on the opposite coast.

11. Steph
    Posted May 15, 2008 at 9:43 pm | Permalink

congrats on four years everyone and on the new book, Jessica!
    I would have loved to go, but I’ll be in Thailand (the book is actually packed for in-flight reading – finals got in the way of reading it earlier).
    Have a great night!

12. thewellofemoness
    Posted May 15, 2008 at 10:16 pm | Permalink

Have an awsome night!

13. Posted May 16, 2008 at 6:09 am | Permalink

You know I wish I could be there, but South Korea is far away. You better celebrate your fifth in style next year.
    I guess I’ll get the book… somehow.