Opression Olympics. But funny.

I was dying towards the end. Dying.

1. kid bitzer
    Posted April 28, 2008 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

samantha bee: genius.

2. Mcbeth
    Posted April 28, 2008 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

I love samantha bee. that was funny

3. Chickensh*tEagle
    Posted April 28, 2008 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

Yes, where is the loyalty? Ever since Bill Richardson declined to be the Clintons’ Alberto Gonzales, loyalty has gone right down the tube in this country! ;-)

4. dhsredhead
    Posted April 28, 2008 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

I find it awesome that Samantha Bee is still working on TV like 7, 8, maybe even 9 months into her pregnancy and they are actually showing her being very pregnant! It makes me love the daily show even more!

5. MLEmac
    Posted April 28, 2008 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

I nearly cried when I saw that the other day.
    I also must say, that I love how Samantha Bee incorporates her pregnancy into her jokes.

6. Posted April 28, 2008 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

Thank you so much Jessica. I needed a good belly laugh today. THIS IS AWESOME. Their reaction to the black woman was priceless.

7. Posted April 28, 2008 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

Yeah, I loved this video and put it up on my ‘Sunday Feminist Funnies’ – posted on Saturday, of course. Best part – when she has the woman put her hand on her stomach to feel the baby sobbing.

8. Femilala
    Posted April 28, 2008 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

That guy who said, “With rims?” made me spit water on my monitor. I just love the Daily Show! Always bringing the funny.

9. Storm at Sea
    Posted April 28, 2008 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

Hooray for Samantha Bee being on the air while pregnant! But boo for her rubbing the microphone all over the woman; what was up with that?

10. GopherII
    Posted April 28, 2008 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

“But boo for her rubbing the microphone all over the woman; what was up with that?”
    I actually thought that was the funniest part. I think she meant to emphasize the ‘phallicness’ of the microphone while she was doing the routine with the interviewee as a comedy effect. Shes obviously being satorical.
    Absofreaklutely hilarious!

11. Jill
    Posted April 28, 2008 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

Haaalarious!
    Triple love my Canadian “sista” on the Daily Show.
    Brilliant sketch Sam and Larry – keep ‘em coming!

12. SouriezLaJoconde
    Posted April 28, 2008 at 10:39 pm | Permalink

Yay for being funny on Penn’s campus! First Stephen Colbert at Penn, now this…
    I had Professor Berry for my History of American Law class a couple of semesters ago. She’s a hilarious woman. I’m sure that she had some funny things to say… it’s a shame they didn’t get shown! This was such an awesome sketch. Samantha Bee is my hero.

13. Posted April 28, 2008 at 11:27 pm | Permalink

“Half black half woman”!!!
    This made me laugh more than anything because it showed the extent of dumbness they were trying to demonstrate.

14. Posted April 29, 2008 at 1:01 am | Permalink

Yeah “Half black, half woman” was hilarious. And “I’ve heard about them but I’ve never actually seen one.”

15. Posted April 29, 2008 at 1:12 am | Permalink

Actually, I thought her ability to keep a straight face and talk seriously despite their calling her a “sexy black minotaur” and muttering over her talking shows her to have a great sense of humor. She has an understanding that she must play the straight character to them.