Your weekend send off (feel good edition)

Sorry we’re a little light on the posting, I’m still a bit jet lagged and catching up on emails. Have a great weekend everyone, and enjoy a little bit of the most crush-worthy boy band ever. (Ad Rock…swoon.)

1. PamelaV
    Posted December 28, 2007 at 5:41 pm | Permalink
  2. Foxfire
    Posted December 28, 2007 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

Totally agree about Ad-Rock. If he is good enough for Kathleen Hanna he is good enough for me! :-)

3. Posted December 28, 2007 at 8:49 pm | Permalink

Even moreso than Grand Funk Railroad?

4. sgzax
    Posted December 29, 2007 at 3:12 am | Permalink

I like them because they’re talented, but I have a special soft spot because I know they also like me.

5. Liza
    Posted December 29, 2007 at 11:12 am | Permalink

Wow, parts of that are inches away from my apartment. But that was filmed long before I lived here…
    *Beastie love*

6. Matt
    Posted December 30, 2007 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

adorable! That made my day, and it made a fan out of me

7. JonE
    Posted December 30, 2007 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

kinda reminds me of this video in a weird way. maybe the bouncing:

8. ArchipelagoHopper
    Posted January 1, 2008 at 11:28 am | Permalink

I suppose I’m rather late coming in on this thread but can anyone explain to me how a boy band who once performed a song about violating a woman with a wiffle ball bat (see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEM3dW2oWW4) became favorable to self proclaiming feminists?

9. Life
    Posted December 12, 2009 at 9:09 pm | Permalink

Significant credit for the public relations activities for the Tokyo Olympic Games should be given to the press, radio, television and other mass communication media. The many special Olympic supplements or Olympic programmes which this media featured, resulted in a wide dissemination of information and a general focussing of interest on this great athletic festival. That the Organizing Committee did not in fact sponsor any television programmes until the final days of preparations cannot only, then, be attributed to considerations of a financial nature, but to some degree was directly due to the voluntary role of the mass communication media who assumed much of this responsibility.
    The publicity activities actually carried out by the Organizing Committee, from its inception in 1959, were more particularly confined to the publication field, or specifically, to the posters and explanatory pamphlets both in Japanese and foreign languages, and to the periodical publication of bulletins.
    Slides and film shorts were also prepared and used to advantage where considered necessary.
    Other activities included exhibits and lectures carefully arranged to achieve as wide an audience as possible, by taking advantage of the occasions of national sports festivals and international trade fairs.
    In February 1961, the first official poster was published — the first of a series of four. These four official posters which were to be seen widely throughout the world were:
    No. 1 — “The Rising Sun and the Olympic Emblem”; N
    o. 2 — “The Start of Sprinters Dash”;
    No. 3 — “A Butterfly-Swimmer” and
    No. 4 — “An Olympic Torch Runner.”
    All four were designed by Mr. Yusaku Kamekura, and for No.’s 2 onwards, he had the cooperation of Messrs. Osamu Hayasaki and Jo Murakoshi as staff photographers.