NYC Feminist Holiday Fun.

Reminder number one.
Feministing holiday happy hour f3.JPG
Regardless of which holidays you’re celebrating or subverting, we thought this time of year called for some feminist cheer. So we’re going to be getting our drink-on in NYC for the holiday season and a coming new year full of great things for the feminist movement.
So if you’re in the area, join us and spread the holiday love.
The Village Pourhouse
64 Third Ave. (on 11th Street)
New York, NY 10003
Wednesday, December 19th
6:00 PM

Happy Hour Holiday Specials Until 7 PM include:
$1 Bud and Bud Light Drafts
2 for 1 Sauza Margaritas
2 for 1 Level and Absolut Vodka Cocktails
Hope you can make it!

1. smashpatriarchy6
    Posted November 29, 2007 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

What’s the deal on those of us who are under 21, but would love to attend?

2. SarahMC
    Posted November 29, 2007 at 8:53 pm | Permalink

Awww, I wanna go! But alas, I don’t live in NYC. Smashpatriarchy6, if you live in DC you can come to my place and I’ll give you alcohol (if you want it).

3. Faerylore
    Posted November 29, 2007 at 8:58 pm | Permalink

I wonder how many people live in the DC area… maybe we could all get together too :)

4. SarahMC
    Posted November 29, 2007 at 9:18 pm | Permalink

That would be a Festivus miracle, Faerylore!

5. not4nothin
    Posted November 29, 2007 at 9:47 pm | Permalink

Woohoo! Count me in!

6. bornskeptic
    Posted November 29, 2007 at 10:07 pm | Permalink

Hmn.
    I’m thinking we should organize this into chapters and do something cross-country. Any Kingstonians? Yes? No? If not I shall have a one-woman feministing party. It’ll be great.

7. Ann
    Posted November 29, 2007 at 10:14 pm | Permalink

Oh man, Jen and I are totally on board with a simultaneous DC party. But we are busy/lazy and don’t want to organize it.
    Maybe we should just pick a DC bar and all show up on the 19th. Care to nominate a bar, Sarah or Faery?

8. Faerylore
    Posted November 29, 2007 at 10:17 pm | Permalink

It would be most excellent.
    Perhaps we should shop the idea around a bit. As much as I would love to, I don’t think I’d be able to go to NYC…

9. Posted November 29, 2007 at 10:22 pm | Permalink

I love that place!
    If I’m not working I’ll be there.

10. Faerylore
    Posted November 29, 2007 at 10:56 pm | Permalink

I like that idea Ann, only I have to admit that I don’t know the bars in DC very well, haven’t been here that long. Sarah?

11. meggers
    Posted November 29, 2007 at 10:58 pm | Permalink

I’m guessing we don’t have enough Feministers in the Baton Rouge area to throw it down…. Hey what about DrkEyedCajun? Where is she from?

12. sunburned counsel
    Posted November 30, 2007 at 12:07 am | Permalink

Oh, I’m in for the DC bar night!!
    What are DC people’s bar tastes? And neighbourhood preference? ‘Cause I know me some bars here.

13. Posted November 30, 2007 at 12:08 am | Permalink

I am absolutey trashed right now, so maybe it’s inappropriate to ask, but if there are any feministing posters in the Indianapolis area, I will absolutely host a Holiday Happy Hour event! I’m getting ready to move (as many of you know) to Arizona, so it would be in conjunction with going away parties, but I would love some feminist holiday party time in conjunction with that.

14. Jessica
    Posted November 30, 2007 at 12:18 am | Permalink

smashpatriarchy6, I’ll look into it for you..shoot Vanessa or I an email before the date and we’ll let you know the deal. i’m sure we can work something out. hope to see lots of ny’ers there!!

15. Posted November 30, 2007 at 12:32 am | Permalink

I will mail $7.50 to you. Please send two Absolut Vanilla and Cokes via express mail, if possible.

16. ShelbyWoo
    Posted November 30, 2007 at 12:32 am | Permalink

Indiana here, too. Although, I’m a bit south of Indy (98 miles or so).
    Congrats on your move, assuming, of course, you are excited about it. It’s a little sad to hear a fellow Hoosier feminist is leaving our lovely state (it would be more lovely if we could ditch Mitch!), there doesn’t seem to be many of us, at least where I’m located.

17. Posted November 30, 2007 at 1:27 am | Permalink

Thanks Shelby! I am absolutely excited about the move. I’ve been doing the long distance thing with Mr. KMP for a year now, and am totally ready for being in the same city/apartment and some other Feministing-ies (I always want to say Busties b/c I started out posting on the Bust Lounge) want to migrate north, I seriously am up for hosting a feminist friendly party. Ninety-eight miles south, huh? That’s about an hour and a half away!

18. ShelbyWoo
    Posted November 30, 2007 at 1:54 am | Permalink

1 1/2 hours is about right. I’m a bit south of Terre Haute. Don’t mind the drive though, my father-in-law lives in Indy and it has a Tall Girl shop (pants that fit, yay!). Unfortunately, the 19th is a weeknight and I’ll have to work bright and frackin early the next morn.

19. klynn44
    Posted November 30, 2007 at 4:21 am | Permalink

Aw, shucks. Stuck in Minneapolis.

20. Posted November 30, 2007 at 8:43 am | Permalink

If there are people in the DC area who want to get together for feminist drinks, I am definitely there.
    I go to school three hours away in Norfolk, but always manage to find my way up at Adams Morgan and M Street almost every other weekend. It’d be nice to drink with feminists – and I’d totally do it, even if it’s a “three-hour drive, from me to you, north on I-95 …and I’ll do it ’till the day that I die …just to [drink with you] …” :D

21. Posted November 30, 2007 at 9:39 am | Permalink

I’m in for a DC-area happy hour! Wow, that’s cool that there are so many of us. I like bars in the Dupont/U Street/Foggy Bottom areas myself (I work in Georgetown and absolutely loathe the bars here).

22. SarahMC
    Posted November 30, 2007 at 9:39 am | Permalink

Hmmmm, well technically I live in Arlington, but I go out in DC sometimes (and work here). What did you have in mind, Sunburned counsel?
    Have you ever been to the Liberty Tavern in Clarendon? Pretty nice place; not too rowdy. My friend actually reserved this little “alcove” of the bar for a birthday celebration a few weeks ago. Anyway, throw out some ideas!

23. SarahMC
    Posted November 30, 2007 at 9:43 am | Permalink

I work in Georgetown, too, Gretchen! :)
    Eeeee! It makes me smile to know there’s a Feministing fan in my midst. I loathe the bars here too (and the people who frequent them).

24. Lo
    Posted November 30, 2007 at 9:49 am | Permalink

Anybody else in Chicago? If anyone wants to meet up I’m down!
    p.s.- ShelbyWoo, I LOVE Tall Girl Shop Jeans!

25. Posted November 30, 2007 at 10:07 am | Permalink

Actually, there’s a really cool restaurant close to Georgetown called Sequouia’s …I absolutely love it. It has a nice bar, although the crowd is pretty conservative. I recommend that!

26. SarahMC
    Posted November 30, 2007 at 10:34 am | Permalink

I’ve always found Sequoia’s to be kind of stuffy, don’t you think?

27. Posted November 30, 2007 at 11:10 am | Permalink

And that’s why I always sit outside, Sarah – to watch the river and the planes coming in and the people and such …it’s so awesome outside.
    But I have one complaint about Sequoia’s …every time I go to the bathroom, I always stumble down those stairs …jacket flying and such. I am sure it’s not because of the alcohol, but somehow, those stairs always make me miss a step or two.
    Perhaps I need an escort.

28. sunburned counsel
    Posted November 30, 2007 at 11:21 am | Permalink

I vote no Georgetown, just because it’s not Metro accessible, and if I can put my vote in for not No. Virginia, ’cause I kind of hate come home from bars smelling like an ashtray (sorry smokers. But I love the smoking ban.
    If we’re looking for accessible, I like Fado at Gallery Place, but there’s also lots of good stuff in Adams Morgan.
    Oh, and if anyone likes divey bars there’s always Millie and Al’s.

29. sunburned counsel
    Posted November 30, 2007 at 11:23 am | Permalink

Oh, and if anyone likes divey bars there’s always Millie and Al’s. I’m also a big fan of Townhouse Tavern for just a good basic bar.

30. sunburned counsel
    Posted November 30, 2007 at 11:25 am | Permalink

ah, sorry for the double post.

31. acranom
    Posted November 30, 2007 at 11:57 am | Permalink

klynn44, I’m in Minneapolis, too!

32. Posted November 30, 2007 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

Yeah, Sequoia is where my company takes people for boring business dinners – not where I want to hang out with awesome Feministingers! And ProFeministMale, it’d be a little cold to sit outside on the riverbanks in December, no? =-)
    NoVa’s cool with me, as long as it’s Metro-accessible. I live in Alexandria, but I know the bars are probably better in Arlington. I’m not too familiar with that area, though.

33. Posted November 30, 2007 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

I do tend to think it is kind of cold, Gretchen, but then again, we feminists can keep one another one. Feminists are often some of the warmest, most loving people in the world, you know? :)
    Then I suggest something near American University! I feel an affinity for that area.
    I love drinking with American University students and was once even in love with one.
    Adams Morgan = very close to American University.
    Marc

34. Ann
    Posted November 30, 2007 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

OK, Jen and I are busy figuring out where exactly, but there will definitely be a simultaneous DC happy hour on the 19th… Stay tuned.

35. Posted November 30, 2007 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

Whoohoo! Marc is SO there. Any excuse I have to go to DC, I will take!
    How will we recognize one another? Should we all wear feminist-oriented t-shirts? ‘Cause, you know, I have some!

36. SarahMC
    Posted November 30, 2007 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

PFM: Won’t we just recognize each other by virtue of the butch haircuts, flannel shirts and armpit hair?
    And obviously you’ll be the queen.
    /snark

37. Posted November 30, 2007 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

I am so in the wrong part of the States to have feminist drinking fun. And moving in the wrong direction at that!

38. Posted November 30, 2007 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

Oh, yeah,Sarah, that’s right …just look for the really “queeny” looking guy wearing a dress and a bunch of butch-looking women and they’ve found us. :D
    Or I’ll just settle for my “(Heart) + (Heart) = marriage,” or “I (heart) pro-choice girls” or “I (heart) female orgasm” shirts for a feminist drinking party.
    Or, I could wear a dress! Whoot! I’ve only worn a dress once, when performing with the Guerilla Girls. I think it’s time I throw one back on …

39. klynn44
    Posted November 30, 2007 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Awww, acranom! It’s frigid here, but at least we’re more progressive than outsiders think.

40. satirelikefire
    Posted December 12, 2007 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

This sounds great, but there’s a DJ I really wanna hear at Southside Lounge in Williamsburg that night. Afterparty there?

41. satirelikefire
    Posted December 12, 2007 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

42. Jessica
    Posted December 12, 2007 at 4:50 pm | Permalink

Ooh, I stay away from the burg these days satirelikefire. Lived there for years and am way too scared to run into my past in a random bar. ;)

43. GamesOnline
    Posted November 8, 2009 at 8:16 am | Permalink

What’s the deal on those of us who are under 21, but would love to attend?free online games