Monday Monty Blogging (yoga sleep edition)

yogadog.jpg
Monty is all tired out from a long weekend in Woodstock, NY, as evidenced by his peculiar sleeping style. Unfortunately, because Monty was super excited all weekend, he managed to hurt himself–and me. He’s all limpy from what I can only imagine was all the sprinting around in the woods (the vet will tell me more, hopefully), and I have just been informed that I’ll be wearing a patch for the next week because of a dog claw to the eye I got during a little roughhousing. (Pirate feminism…could work, I suppose.)
And a little something extra: my father complained to me this weekend that not once in my Monday Monty Blogging have I mentioned Monty’s brother Banjo. I got Banjo for my parents at the same time Monty came into my family. They are obsessed with each other and whenever they’re together they’re either wrestling, sleeping (on top of each other) or eating (out of the same bowl). Check the boys after the jump… (And Dad, no more bitching!)

seeingdouble.jpg

1. SarahMC
    Posted November 26, 2007 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

Aww! I love when they’re all spread eagle like that. I can’t even tell which one is which in the last photo. My doggie and I were with my parents and their beagle all weekend, so there was lots of seeing double all around.

2. D'apostrophe
    Posted November 26, 2007 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

Aww.. I wish my dog had a friend. But he’s got way too many issues. He tends to growl at other dogs. Anyway, Monty’s so cute, you’re so lucky!

3. Blitzgal
    Posted November 26, 2007 at 3:04 pm | Permalink

Okay, it’s so awesome that your dad reads your blog. Am I a dork for being impressed by that?

4. String_Bean_Jen
    Posted November 26, 2007 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

Awww, Monty has a brother! How cute are they?! Havin’ a lil’ snooze together. Yay! There’s nothing like a lil’ sibling love.

5. SarahMC
    Posted November 26, 2007 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

No, Blitzgal, I was super impressed as well.

6. MLEmac
    Posted November 26, 2007 at 6:59 pm | Permalink

My dog sleeps the same way. It amazes me that he doesn’t get a crick in the neck from sleeping like that.

7. jgr4
    Posted November 26, 2007 at 8:39 pm | Permalink

Watch out, you might be mistaken for a Pastafarian with that eye patch!

8. Posted November 27, 2007 at 4:29 am | Permalink

Awwww! How cuddly!

9. Mary B
    Posted November 27, 2007 at 10:40 am | Permalink

You’re so lucky your dad reads your blog! Whenever I’m around MY dad, he just talks about the “liberal conspiracy” or whatever the latest shit from Limbaugh or O’Reilly is. Heh.

10. Posted November 30, 2007 at 7:39 am | Permalink

Well, having met Jessica’s dad, I can verify that he is the coolest. And it doesn’t surprise me that he reads Feministing — I’ve never seen a dad as proud as he was at her book party. It was really sweet.
    And Banjo? Adorable. I demand more double-dog pictures.
    Sorry about your eye, Jess — hopefully your parents are kinder than mine were when I had to wear an eye patch as a kid. My dad spent the whole week “Aargh!”-ing at me and calling me “matey.”

11. Mery Djane
    Posted November 11, 2009 at 7:30 am | Permalink

The Box Office for sale of tickets was opened in April, 1955, almost twenty months prior to the Games. Arrangements for planning of seating accommodation and sale of tickets were placed under the control of the Administrative Director (Mr. P. W. Nette).
    Preliminary planning and numbering of reserved seating in the various stadia commenced early in 1954. This early start was necessary for an allocation of available seating under price categories and for printing of tickets to be completed in time for the box office opening.
    Throughout 1955 and 1956, a number of serious difficulties had to be overcome. The existing boxing stadium was destroyed by fire. Pending construction of a new stadium, having a somewhat different seating layout, ticket arrangements had to be delayed. Construction of the new Velodrome was held up for some time. The venues for gymnastics and basketball were eventually changed to other sites after tickets had been printed and many sold for the original venue. Replacement of tickets for the new stadia caused some dislocation. These difficulties were successfully overcome.