Oh, gross.

umbert.jpg
Anti-choice comic strip gone wild. Didn’t anyone tell this guy that someone is already on the creepy cartoon fetus thing?

1. Posted November 2, 2007 at 8:44 am | Permalink

I’ve just named both Cangemi and the Pope as the other two Assholes of the Week.

2. SarahMC
    Posted November 2, 2007 at 8:51 am | Permalink

I’m pretty sure by bringing up the carpool issue Cangemi was trying to be funny. I’m sure he knows the unborn don’t count.

3. under_zenith
    Posted November 2, 2007 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

It is designed to TAKE A CAR OFF THE ROAD – therefore, if the person in the car with you can’t drive their own vehicle – you don’t deserve to be reaping the privilege of the carpool lane.
    This is off-topic, but that’s not necessarily true. For example, a parent who is driving his own and several other people’s children to school is taking cars off the road. Not the cars the other children would be driving, the cars their parents would be driving.

4. ShifterCat
    Posted November 2, 2007 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

You are correct, EG, that old Catholic doctrine said that the soul entered at “quickening”. In the 1840′s, male doctors began to be able to determine when a woman was pregnant, and wanted the public to acknowledge their professionalism, so they pushed for anti-abortion laws. It was only in the 1870′s that the Catholic church followed suit. Now they pretend that they have “always” opposed abortion.

5. SunlessNick
    Posted November 4, 2007 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

Old Hebrew doctrine said that the soul entered the body when it took its first breath.

6. Kimmy Young
    Posted November 29, 2007 at 4:17 am | Permalink

I think this is a great way to get the idea that a fetus is a real living person. although they may have went a little too far.
    yes, kids should know about how abortions are wrong, but maybe not in such a way. I think it kind of makes fun of pro-life by turning this into a joke.

7. GamesOnline
    Posted October 27, 2009 at 10:44 am | Permalink

I see this crap lying around my mother-in-law’s house in Catholic publications.free online games

8. Casinos Dude