Excuse me while I go apply my fetus lipstick

There are many reasons to go listen to Amanda’s new podcast at RH Reality Check. Amanda is smart and funny, she talks to interesting folks like Aimee Thorne-Thomsen, and she’s constantly smacking down anti-choicers. But if you just need one hilarious reason, go listen because it contains a clip of an abstinence-only “educator” dropping knowledge like this:
“Many of the products left over from abortions, you girls wear them on your faces. Do you know they sell them to makeup companies? Did you know that, friends? The base of most of the lipstick sold in our stores comes from aborted babies.”
Your federal dollars at work, folks!

1. sara
    Posted September 18, 2007 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

Yeah, what is the teacher’s point supposed to be?
    re: placentas: The CVS in my neighborhood stocks a number of hair care products, which appear to be targeted to African American women, that either have placenta right there in their names or as part of the big-letter marketing text on the front of the container.

2. Queen_Nerd
    Posted September 18, 2007 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

This is freaking hilarious. Really. There are aborted babies in my lipstick and virgins’ blood in my toner! Read it last night and I’m still laughing now.
    Also this whole discussion of the herbivorous T. rexes. Giant razor-sharp six-inch teeth for cracking coconuts. What won’t God think of to test our faith?

3. sybann
    Posted September 18, 2007 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

Oh, I totally hate to do this to you all (LIE) but most red dye (cochineal and carmine) is derived from beetle shells. So BUGS on your lips and cheeks! And in your Ocean Spray Cranberry (why I stopped drinking it). Dye in my cosmetics I can deal with – useless dye made to make us all think something is more delicious – NOT so much. No, I don’t know why I am such a whack job!

4. Posted September 19, 2007 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

Ummm… hasn’t cochineal been outlawed under the new EU regulations? I remember getting all sad about it because I used to love grossing adults out as a kid by always insisting on “beetle flavour” lollies.

5. Posted September 19, 2007 at 7:32 pm | Permalink

6. Posted September 19, 2007 at 7:35 pm | Permalink

oops… sorry for the double post

7. Erica B
    Posted September 20, 2007 at 8:30 am | Permalink

Just think of how much MORE lipstick you would be able to make using the full-grown body of an adult… and we just WASTE all that by burying or cremating it when people die. No wonder makeup is expensive.
    [OH WAIT, I'm sorry, I forgot that one should never bother to bring logic to these discussions, silly me! :D ]

8. GamesOnline
    Posted October 29, 2009 at 8:38 am | Permalink

From now on, dinosaurs will be called “Jesus-ponies,”
    Ahahah Lol games