Fun with Feminist Flickr (hot button edition)

profuckingindeed.jpg
There’s only one word I can use to describe this button: WANT.
Pic from SarahDeer.

1. Posted July 31, 2007 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

Lurve it.

2. Jeremy F.
    Posted July 31, 2007 at 7:06 pm | Permalink

I’d hit it.

3. Posted July 31, 2007 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

Apparently you can get them here. I like the lettering on that button a little better though.

4. Joshua Louden
    Posted July 31, 2007 at 9:55 pm | Permalink

Agreed with the lettering..I want one!

5. Posted July 31, 2007 at 10:12 pm | Permalink

Need it in button, t-shirt, bumper sticker, and baseball cap style!

6. Posted July 31, 2007 at 10:47 pm | Permalink

where do we get that button?

7. Posted July 31, 2007 at 11:48 pm | Permalink

Yeah, the lettering in the picture is way better. I totally want one. It looks vintage, though.

8. Posted August 1, 2007 at 1:11 am | Permalink

My new LiveJournal userpic. Thanks Feministing!

9. Persephone
    Posted August 1, 2007 at 2:38 am | Permalink

Hell fucking yeah I’m pro fucking choice! Woot!

10. Cruella
    Posted August 1, 2007 at 4:01 am | Permalink

I think it might co-ordinate well with my new skirt. Fortunately these turned out to be a spoof!

11. Posted August 1, 2007 at 4:01 am | Permalink

12. Posted August 1, 2007 at 4:35 am | Permalink

Ooops sorry about double-posting.

13. kax17
    Posted August 1, 2007 at 8:35 am | Permalink

I will be getting one of these. not a button person but this will be on my person at all times.

14. Posted August 1, 2007 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

Damn I want that.
    Maybe the next time my college has their stupid ‘pro-life’ day I’ll just wear that, make my point pretty damn clear.
    (If you’ve never been to a Catholic campus on pro-life day, believe me, it’s painful–signs comparing women who have abortions to Hitler, signs saying: “You had a choice when you decided to have sex.” Made me very pissed off, and is one of the reasons my campus now has a fledgling feminist group.)

15. Lisa27
    Posted August 1, 2007 at 10:26 pm | Permalink

hahahahahaha, i LOVE it!!!
    Reminds me: I was just listening the other day to an Ani DiFranco concert where she mentions the tshirt someone made (home-made, originally) that said “ANI FUCKING DIFRANCO” :)

16. Posted August 1, 2007 at 11:17 pm | Permalink

i’m so pleased that my vintage button (circa 1993) has been featured on feministing! i hope the smudges add character. i was pro-choice in wichita, kansas in the early 1990s (!) more goodies will be posted to flickr soon.

17. ouyangdan
    Posted August 2, 2007 at 12:38 am | Permalink

is anyone opposed to ‘yoinking’ this photo? it’s too fun to not pass on? pretty pretty please?

18. Life
    Posted December 28, 2009 at 5:35 am | Permalink

The duties of these personnel called for amicable tactful and sincere treatment of the officers and athletes of the participant nations of many different languages customs and manners. The 50 day duties included 8,200 rounds of paper document distribution, 1,500 pieces of needle-work, 2,100 clothes-pressings, and 1,700 repairs.
    The flag and emblem duties were in addition to those on the occasion of opening and commencement of the Village, daily hoisting and furling of national flags of the participant nations. To this service, 30 personnel were detailed daily.
    These duties included logistic support in jeep transportation services; transportation of sports goods, tools, implements, and equipment for the athletic events, between the venues, and between venues and the Yoyogi Olympic Village, and other villages; operation control of the motor vehicles loaned to the Committee for the transportation of officials and athletes from the Yoyogi Olympic Village to Games sites; auxiliary communications between the main transportation office and branch offices at the Haneda International Airport; and between the officers’ billets and elsewhere.
    Communications in relation to operation control of chartered vehicles. The demands on the transportation units gradually increased as the games drew near. All the transportation to the venues were conducted to a precise time schedule and no delays were recorded. The precise and efficient manner in which the 7,500 participants were transported to the opening ceremony in 30 minutes using some 300 buses travelling over six different routes was evidence of the effectiveness of thorough pre-study and planning.