Ann on Hill’s hills and pervy 13 year-olds

You’ve gotta love what CNN chose to use from Ann’s interview. (But congrats, girl, you were great and funny!)

1. SarahMC
    Posted July 31, 2007 at 10:43 am | Permalink

Is there a way for y’all to display the video so that it doesn’t automatically start playing? I did watch it, and yeah, it was lame (though Ann is cool, of course), but every time I click over to Feministing or refresh the page I hear, “And then, cleavage!”

2. Rock Star
    Posted July 31, 2007 at 10:45 am | Permalink

Seriously…that’s it?

3. Posted July 31, 2007 at 11:10 am | Permalink

American media is such a joke.

4. Ann
    Posted July 31, 2007 at 11:13 am | Permalink

I know, I know. I haven’t watched cable news in so long that at first I thought the screen with “acting like a man” written on it in big letters was part of a video made by an opposing campaign, not the actual CNN segment… Yikes.

5. Posted July 31, 2007 at 11:18 am | Permalink

Your friendly neighborhood grrlnrrd sez: the video should no longer autoplay, but let us know if you still have problems. (It’s running a bit choppy for me; I think our server is a little slow this morning.)

6. Merletto
    Posted July 31, 2007 at 11:22 am | Permalink

Ann is so cool.

7. jessie
    Posted July 31, 2007 at 11:27 am | Permalink

I’ve been impressed with the level of constraint, in the media. Of course this is obscene, but I’m scared about what will come out in the general.

8. MAC1973
    Posted July 31, 2007 at 11:28 am | Permalink

This is outrageous, as Ann Lewis, Hillary Clinton’s top advisor pointed out – that the Washington Post would waste 764 words on this topic.
    However, I am amusing myself by thinking of slogans where they can use this to there advantage – such as:
    “One boob in the White House a’int workin’, It’s time to elect two! Hillary ’08!”
    Come on – let’s come up with others!

9. noname
    Posted July 31, 2007 at 11:28 am | Permalink

Cleavage? I don’t see it. That looks like a pretty conservative woman’s suite to me. Either way, I don’t get how this is news.

10. JPlum
    Posted July 31, 2007 at 11:47 am | Permalink

It long past time for a serious investigation into which male candidates are stuffing their pants, or wearing codpieces

11. Allytude
    Posted July 31, 2007 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

What the hell kind of issue is this for a PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
    Hilary wears extremely professional, very wearable clothes… why need they observe them so closely,. aren’t her views what they need to discuss?

12. Posted July 31, 2007 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

Two things. First, I still don’t really see any cleavage. I’ve studied this photo for a while (strictly in the public interest) and fail to see why this is a controversy. Additionally, I’m failing to see what the problem is if Hillary wants to show off a little cleavage in public. that’s her prerogative. It won’t make me vote for her as I still have questions about her authenticity.

13. Posted July 31, 2007 at 8:20 pm | Permalink

American media is such a joke.
    I visited England for the first time in June. Watching the news there was pretty amazing — they actually covered substantive issues!

14. Posted August 1, 2007 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

Now, now, what’s “pervy” about a thirteen year old boy checking out “cleavage”? Are you implying that I was “pervy” when I was thirteen? Good heavens, thirteen year old boys scoping out ladies’s boobies seems quite – almost excessively – wholesome and family-values-oriented (= “hetero”) to me.

15. Carmen Govani
    Posted June 20, 2009 at 8:41 pm | Permalink

Besides, Barack Obama has given to our country of potentially great state secretary in the name of Hillary Clinton. It means, that it is necessary for each soldier to give possibility to receive higher education in any college at its choice.
    And American democracy, is, as a matter of fact, the compromise between the magnates who are putting forward the president, and the people, confirms which this choice. Then the representative of the party of conservatives have accused of its request to Deripaska to offer the ridiculous sum for such people in 50 thousand pounds sterling in favour of party that is forbidden by laws of the Great Britain (there there were elections).

16. Astrologist
    Posted October 4, 2009 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

The most prestigious in Japan the award – “the Japanese car of year 2009″ has received car Honda Civic.
    According to jury, this car differs elegant appearance both very spacious and convenient salon.
    Company Honda receives the award “Japanese car of year” first time for last five years and already in sixth time for the history.
    The second place has got new Lexus LS (Toyota Celsior), and the third has got new Subaru Impresa. The prize for “2001″ has received the Best import car of year Mercedes C-class.
    Traditionally, competition on the best car of Japan is spent among cars constructed on one of the platforms developed in basic for the Japanese market. However now the competition management plans to change a technique of carrying out of that now many chassis are used not only in home market of Japan.