Conference blogging. Kinda.

So I’m here at the Personal Democracy Forum conference in dowtown New York, doing my best to keep my laptop on as the battery slowly dies a terrible death. There are some really interesting sessions today, so I’ll do my best to liveblog them.
In the meantime, random frivolous Friday question: What song best describes your current mood? Mine is below.

1. Phlegmatic
    Posted May 18, 2007 at 11:21 am | Permalink

Or for those who dont care to watch, its Faith No More – Everythings Ruined.
    Its probably my all time favourite song, and I dont think Im ever not in the mood to listen to it.

2. Posted May 18, 2007 at 12:00 pm | Permalink

I have a three day weekend, so I’m surfing the Internet completely naked while eating cheetos. Later tonight, I’m going to Charlie’s to get a lap dance from my personal favorite, Josh.
    I feel like Cyndi Lauper – “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun”.

3. Posted May 18, 2007 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

“I’m So Tired,” The Beatles.
    [and ikkin, naked web surfing rules.]

4. bailey_comus
    Posted May 18, 2007 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

This morning as i work on a marketing project because our marketing director is in SF – and she left me holding the bag – for a proposal for a project that i really really want us to get – because i’d be the project architect for it…I Hate Everyone by Get Set Go.
    And in the background of the song in my head is Beyonce singing ‘Crazy in Love’ because my parrots LOVE the ‘uh oh uh oh’ part when i sing it to them.

5. Thomas Thurman
    Posted May 18, 2007 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

The Cure, “One Hundred Years”. Not that I’m a goth or anything, honestly.

6. Thomas Thurman
    Posted May 18, 2007 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

oh, people are posting youtube links.
    though this is a live performance, and much faster than the album.

7. Posted May 18, 2007 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

Billy Idol is FROM THE FUTURE.

8. String_Bean_Jen
    Posted May 18, 2007 at 12:59 pm | Permalink

Smiths fans, meet your new favorite band: Cats on Fire. I’m always in a dancing mood on Fridays, yet I have NOWHERE to go dancing (I’m an indie pop fan in a big butch rock city). If you look at this live video of my favorite song of theirs’, “The Smell of an Artist,” the way Mattias’ legs are all rubberband-y and twitching is how I feel on Fridays. It’s like he totally wants to bust out some moves, but he’s constrained.
    The sound is much better on this live video, though you can only see the rubberband legs on the previous video I posted.

9. Moxie Hart
    Posted May 18, 2007 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

I keep swinging from Year Zero by Nine Inch Nails, Funeral by Arcade Fire, & Pulp’s hits album.
    Eagerly awaiting Rasputina’s new album.

10. kpsisu
    Posted May 18, 2007 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

Social Distortion ‘Don’t take me for granted.’

11. cherylp
    Posted May 18, 2007 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

Haha, for the first few seconds of the video my brain wasn’t working and I thought it was a post from Jessica’s conference… and I was like “shit, I’ve never been to a conference like THAT”…
    Awesome Moxie, can’t get Year Zero outta my ears lately. But this morning it’s Lily Allen “Friday Night” – appropriately… Don’t try and test me cause you’ll get a reaction, another drink and I’m ready for action…

12. Posted May 18, 2007 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

Listening to Elliott Smith’s “Baby Britain” is getting me through the first coffee, and beyond.
    Danah Boyd’s at that conference! She’s doing brilliant work on MySpace, blogging, and other kinds of new social networks. She lives here.

13. IrnBru001
    Posted May 18, 2007 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Good seeing you today!

14. Posted May 18, 2007 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

Blind Willie McTell, “Lay Some Flowers on My Grave” or “Cooling Board Blues.” During those spells when depression shades into anger, more something by Operation Ivy, maybe “Unity” or “Room Without a Window.”

15. Posted May 19, 2007 at 12:22 am | Permalink

I love Year Zero. The cd freaked me out though–it changes colors & I didn’t know that when I bought it, so I was pretty freaked out for awhile.