Best. Auction. Ever.

This is amazing. The Center for New Words (home of WAM!) is holding a benefit online celebrity auction.
Some of the items up for bidding:
Katha Pollitt edits your manuscript
Novelist Thisbe Nissen names a character in her next book after you
Former Head Writer for Six Feet Under Jill Soloway edits your script
A shooting script from SCRUBS, signed by all the lead cast members
Legendary cartoonist Jennifer Camper designs your tattoo
An evening of conversation with Cynthia Enloe
A signed limited edition broadside from Margaret Atwood
Hot shit. Go start bidding!

1. Posted November 29, 2006 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

I definitely want to go to the movies with Lisa Jervis! What cool auctions, I really wish I had some money to bid.

2. Frau Direktor
    Posted November 29, 2006 at 7:37 pm | Permalink

Speaking of writing–especially women writing, take a look at the following link for an up-close look at male entitlement in the screenwriting industry:
    It’s….interesting, to say the least.
    As far as the auction, I wish I had some mad bank. *sigh*

3. Posted November 29, 2006 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

I’d bid for Katha Pollitt, but it’s too fucking scary.

4. oudemia
    Posted November 29, 2006 at 9:38 pm | Permalink

I want Katha Pollitt to edit my dissertation!
    I think someone told me that she has an MA in my field, too (classics). And my thesis is about gender and agency — so really I think it was meant to be. Too bad I’m broke.

5. Posted November 29, 2006 at 11:27 pm | Permalink

And her editing is limited to five pages.

6. AndYnot?
    Posted November 30, 2006 at 5:08 am | Permalink

George Micheals’ old band is having an auction? Who knew they were still together?
    (Hey, someone had to go there…)

7. oudemia
    Posted November 30, 2006 at 8:17 am | Permalink

See? This is what I get for not clicking the link.

8. Posted November 30, 2006 at 10:52 pm | Permalink

Hey, don’t forget you can also win an original Mikhaela cartoon!

9. Jessica
    Posted November 30, 2006 at 11:47 pm | Permalink

sorry lady, didn’t realize i left you out!

10. sunzheng