Not that anyone cares…

…but my newly-bought Stella scooter is being delivered this week and I am freaking psyched. And naturally I’m cooking up a Feministing logo decal for it. I have no shame.

1. noname
    Posted May 30, 2006 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

You need to get the side car:
    Too cool.

2. David Thompson
    Posted May 30, 2006 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

A scooter? You must get someone to take photos of you riding said scooter, then post those photos for the purposes of absurd hilarity.

3. noname
    Posted May 30, 2006 at 6:16 pm | Permalink

David – What’s the matter with scooters? Look aroung the site Jessica links to. These bikes have got some style (and use barely any gas).

4. David Thompson
    Posted May 30, 2006 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

Nothing’s wrong with scooters (except the lack of diesel options thanks to the CARB nazis). However, some people can pull off the scooter look and some can’t. Samhita could cruise in style, but Jessica is just going to be riding A Streetcar Named Silly.

5. noname
    Posted May 30, 2006 at 10:10 pm | Permalink

Hehe :) We’ll know for sure when she posts photos.

6. Jessica
    Posted May 30, 2006 at 11:37 pm | Permalink

Um, Dave? Fuck off.

7. angryleft
    Posted May 31, 2006 at 1:37 am | Permalink

As for people who “pull off the scooter look,” some people look more natural than others, but the only people who tend to actually look silly riding in a scooter are if they are way too small or too big for it.
    Jessica, I’d love to see you in your new scooter, with the Feministing logo decal on it. Don’t let Dave deter you from it. I’m sure it would look fantastic.

8. Jessica
    Posted May 31, 2006 at 7:49 am | Permalink

thanks, angryleft.

9. noname
    Posted May 31, 2006 at 10:05 am | Permalink

You’re getting the black one?

10. jessica
    Posted May 31, 2006 at 11:12 am | Permalink

Yup. Wanted the artic white but I guess they’re having some factory prob because there are basically no more stellas being sold (in any color) anywhere. The black one I bought was the second to last one in all of ny!

11. tris
    Posted June 3, 2006 at 11:08 pm | Permalink

i want to ride in the sidecar? there will be a side car right??!!

12. angryleft
    Posted June 5, 2006 at 10:37 am | Permalink

So whats the news on this? When you get it you have to post a pic of you riding it ok? pretty please? :D

13. jessica
    Posted June 5, 2006 at 8:58 pm | Permalink

Ha…as ego-driven as I am, the idea of forcing someone to take pics of me as I scoot around is just too much.