The new Howard Stern. With tits.

radiochick.jpg
I happened to see a billboard a few blocks away from house the other day and almost barfed. While I’ve listened to New York’s 92.3 KROCK’s music here and there, I was a bit shocked to see a huge picture of the woman above, The RadioChick, and the two sentences that threw me for a loop.
“Built like a woman. Thinks like a man.�
Ew.
I checked out her site and it doesn’t get much better. The first program description I read was about The Chick on Chicks, where she assures men that she’ll help them with their “women� issues, including:

“Want to cheat on your girl and not get caught? She’ll tell you how. Maybe your girlfriend is pressuring you to get married, and you’re not ready…the chick will tell you how to string her along successfully.â€?

Other shows include Gay for a Grand, The Wheel of Wife Beaters, and The Flaming Stripper BBQ. While I haven’t been able to find specifics of the programs, I’m anticipating that they aren’t too tasteful.
Has anyone heard this chick (ha, that was totally accidental) on the air?

1. hujo
    Posted April 28, 2006 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

“Built like a woman. Thinks like a man.�
    Ew”

Yeah, big Ew.
    Women shouldn’t have to “think like men” They are able to be sucesfull thoughtfull appealing to the masses and be every bit a women.
    Insulting language for sure.

2. Posted April 28, 2006 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

Someone obviously didn’t get enough hugs from Daddy. I’ve never heard her, but I’d imagine she’d frustrate me as much as Miss Ann Coultier does. Because women shouldn’t be allowed to vote and such, you know. AAAAUUGH!

3. Sylke
    Posted April 28, 2006 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

Lovely. I wonder if she’ll get tips on how the knock the little lady around, or how to shirk responsibility for giving the wife AIDS after the affair.
    Barf. I’m glad I can’t hear her show.

4. molly blythe
    Posted April 29, 2006 at 3:00 am | Permalink

From what I hear, she’s a raging alcoholic who runs a sex toy store and treats her employees like utter crap. She drinks champagne like it’s water, runs away from her job at the sex toy shop whenever she feels like it and leaves other people (other WOMEN) to clean up her mess without telling them in advance when she’ll be gone (or even if she’ll be there to open or close the shop). She doesn’t give her employees their legal breaks or lunch at times and has them work unpaid overtime.
    Sounds like a great person, eh?
    She sounds to me like a self-hating person who’s taking her self-hatred out on every other member of her gender.

5. Noah
    Posted April 29, 2006 at 7:37 am | Permalink

I agree that she doesn’t sound particularly feminist, but shouldn’t we hear from someone who actually listens to her before completely writing her off?

6. Posted April 29, 2006 at 8:09 am | Permalink

I may not agree with a damn thing she gets paid to say, or Howard Stern does for that matter. In fact some of what I have heard from Howard is pretty right on, some it beyond stupid. Many women say things I think are stupid, many men say things I think are brilliant. But I am hesitant to say she shouldn’t be allowed to say it because that’s a slippery slope to compromising the right to free speech.
    There are lots of ways to counteract the impact of such speech in a positive manner, but silencing the ones we disagree with is dangerous

7. Tom
    Posted April 29, 2006 at 9:42 am | Permalink

I agree with Diane. But it always amazes me how you so called “feminists” only think other women should have their equality as long as they follow lock step with the radical left agenda. If you step out of line, you’r not really a feminist?

8. Durga_is_my_homey
    Posted April 29, 2006 at 11:12 am | Permalink

I don’t believe anybody rallied to silence her. Just disagreed with what she says and criticized her.
    That reminds me of something people on the right tend to do: if you don’t like wide-spread disagreeing and criticism, pretend your free-speech is being oppressed.

9. gayle
    Posted April 29, 2006 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

“But it always amazes me how you so called “feminists” only think other women should have their equality as long as they follow lock step with the radical left agenda.”
    Tom, there are these nifty books called Dictionaries that explain the meanings of all kinds of words. Please go buy one, look up the word “feminist” and then answer your own questions.

10. Rillion
    Posted April 29, 2006 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

Err, please point out where somebody said this woman should not have her equality? I might think she’s an idiot, but that doesn’t mean she should be taken off the air.
    Honestly, saying she “thinks like a man” followed by promises to instruct men on how to cheat and string women along….sure doesn’t reflect well on men! If I were a guy, I would be offended that this is the way I supposedly think.

11. Linda
    Posted April 30, 2006 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

This woman reminds me of the male equivalent of Tom Leykis here in Los Angeles. Has anyone ever heard of him?

12. Posted April 30, 2006 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

The other Tom writes:
    Just in case y’all are wondering, this isn’t me.
    Cheers,
    TH

13. Boogieman
    Posted April 30, 2006 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

If women who “think like women” as you say are “able to be sucesfull thoughtfull appealing to the masses” (sic), then they wouldn’t have any problems competing in the ratings with men like Stern, Mancow, Leykis, etc. The fact that there isn’t a single notable feminist-type woman in the top 20 syndicated radio hosts indicates otherwise. That is unless you are willing to consider Dr. Laura a feminist!
    But I guess there is some devious reason why angry man-haters don’t pull in the listeners. Must be another conspiracy by the Patriarchy!

14. Caitlin
    Posted May 2, 2006 at 10:42 am | Permalink

Boogieman, can you name one single feminist radio personality? I can’t. It’s sort of hard to make points about ratings and such when there is nothing to actually compare anything with.

15. flyinfur
    Posted May 3, 2006 at 10:50 am | Permalink

Boogieman, it’s been a long time since I listened to a radio show other than NPR (and that only occasionally) because — guess what — there aren’t any that are worth my time. Mancow, Stern, Limbaugh, Schlessinger (I haven’t heard Leykis but I imagine he’s more of the same) are all frustrating to listen to (not to mention boring, since they just complain about the same old stuff), so why? They are the secular version of TV preachers.
    And once I turned off talk radio (just like once I turned off my TV) my time filled with other things and even if there was something great on either medium, most likely I’d miss it. I know there are others like me who have simply tuned out.

16. Posted May 6, 2006 at 7:06 am | Permalink

For the record, the Radio Chick is no Howard Stern. Howard has an ability to move a conversation forward while extracting amazing information from guests. He is also a noted entertainer, and responsible for making millions of people hate their drive to work just a little bit less.
    Also, it should be noted that terrestrial radio is dead. The medium is filled with trash, blended with a delightful mix of commercials and bad on-air talent. Once you try satellite radio, you will never turn your old radio again.
    Finally, some larger men have tits. The title of this article is patently offensive to the 300+ pounders living amongst us. Have some decency.

17. Posted May 21, 2006 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

Alright I may be the only one here who is not appalled by the fact of what she says or does for her pay check. But what i am appalled about is they are calling her the “Howard Stern with tits,” who the hell is she? NO really who is she?

18. Jimmy Jam
    Posted May 21, 2006 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

19. RachelRC
    Posted December 1, 2006 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

First off, SHE doesn’t call herself Howard Stern with Tits, this person who created this thread did.
    Secondly, I listen to the show, and I like it. She’s funny, smart, highly accomplished with an MBA from Harvard and an impressive background in business. The show is sometimes wild, sometimes hilarious, sometimes serious. Almost always entertaining. I often laugh out loud.

20. GamesOnline
    Posted October 29, 2009 at 6:44 am | Permalink

I agree that she doesn’t sound particularly feminist.games