Violent hate crime in Texas

I’m so upset right now, I can’t even deal with writing. Just read.

Two white teenagers severely beat and sodomized a 16-year-old Hispanic boy who they believed had tried to kiss a 12-year-old white girl at a party in Spring, Texas, authorities said.
The attackers forced the boy out of the house party, beat him and sodomized him with a metal pipe, shouting epithets “associated with being Hispanic,” said Lt. John Martin with the Harris County Sheriff’s Department.

And fucking assholes have the nerve to say that racism is an “ugly memory.�
Via Echidne.

1. hujo
    Posted April 28, 2006 at 8:45 pm | Permalink

So are these two sick fucks representative of all white youth?
    Are you saying racism exists, or white men are racist?

2. Chet
    Posted April 28, 2006 at 9:42 pm | Permalink

Strawman much, Hujo? I don’t see any of those statements in the post.

3. hujo
    Posted April 28, 2006 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

I never got a response to a similar inquire in a previous thread.
    Hence, the question marks??

4. Chet
    Posted April 29, 2006 at 11:26 am | Permalink

“I never got a response to a similar inquire in a previous thread.”
    I read that thread, too, and I didn’t see any of those statements there, either.
    So, what gives?

5. hujo
    Posted April 29, 2006 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

More along the lines of a privlaged white man can’t speak about race.
    I asked if she was exposing a belief that rasicm comes only from whites.

6. Durga_is_my_homey
    Posted April 29, 2006 at 4:50 pm | Permalink

More strawmen and derailing by “… but what about the hetero/white/men/hetero white men?”.
    *yawn*

7. hujo
    Posted April 30, 2006 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

Well, just curious about Jessica’s take on it, nice to meet the lackeys though.
    Certainly are allot of straw people around here in general, I’ve already heard I have castration anxiety and that I am privileged because of my skin color
    any more buzzwords or catch phrases in your magic bag of feminist clichés?

8. Durga_is_my_homey
    Posted April 30, 2006 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

Well, just curious about Jessica’s take on it, nice to meet the lackeys though.
    Then send her an email or something.
    any more buzzwords or catch phrases in your magic bag of feminist clichés?

Awwwe, poor you. Coming in here, throwing around straw-men and derailing topics, yet expecting everybody else to behave to you. I mean it isn’t like you were beaten and raped and are struggling to survive right now or anything, but never fear: as long as there is non-existent white heterosexual male victimization lurking in any given thread, you know what it more important. And yes, you’ve demonstrated that time and time again.

9. Hujo
    Posted April 30, 2006 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

Thanks you should really write a coffee table book for all those clichéd hurtful assumptions you have about people like me!
    Actually I have been beaten and you might laugh but I was taken advantage of by a woman while unconscious, at a party when I was a teen, but it was a girl I didn’t “like� and had in fact rejected previously, I woke up to it, I suppose she thought I would like it, and had it been a girl I was interested in, I probably would have, and have enjoyed “morning surprises� from lovers, but would that incident not be rape if the roles were reversed? I just avoided her socially I didn’t report it.
    I didn’t get any free tickets to school or jobs or housing. I am still paying for my education and I need more!
    You expose that you think all straight white men are born privileged with easy lives therefore anything they have to contribute to social justice or even there opinions are invalid because of them ALL?????? being so out of touch.
    That’s a tolerant and realist out look?

10. Durga_is_my_homey
    Posted April 30, 2006 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

Thanks you should really write a coffee table book for all those clichéd hurtful assumptions you have about people like me.
    “People like you�? It was exactly what you did. Take some responsibility.
    …And you didn’t make a thread about it with people coming in and making it into something else, huh? Which you are still doing right now.
    Hey, neither do I! I don’t think this young guy who was beaten and raped by other guys (which was what I was actually talking about) has, either. In fact, he may not even survive! But, oh yeah, Hujo wants to do more phantom victim white male hetero-baiting, and that is more important.
    That’s a tolerant and realist out look?

Wow, you could almost construct a cliché argument from that rant. Too bad I had never said any of the kind.

11. Chet
    Posted April 30, 2006 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

Not to take it further off-topic, but:
    Hujo, you were raped. And because you didn’t report it you let a criminal rapist get away.
    And that’s something we’re supposed to pat you on the back for, and emulate your example?

12. hujo
    Posted April 30, 2006 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

No don’t be a fool, I was trying to show durga she was being a prejudice, assuming misandrist in her statements, it was an example to directly contradict one of her hurtful statements; “as if you were rapedâ€?.
    I don’t feel traumatized and I always loved sex and women and love sex and women now a lot.
    Really, did I want to be known as the “raped man� in high school? I was not threatened or in physical danger, in fact I had pushed her off of me and told her to fuck off, the possibility of me being charged with assault for the push did cross my mind.
    Those are realities.
    Durga brought up one good point, in that I have disrespected this case and should have considered an e-mail or more appropriate thread to retouch with Jessica, I am sorry, I do regret that, it was poor judgment.

13. Durga_is_my_homey
    Posted April 30, 2006 at 3:44 pm | Permalink

Oh, give me a break: I mean it isn’t like you were beaten and raped and are struggling to survive right now or anything, but never fear: as long as there is non-existent white heterosexual male victimization lurking in any given thread, you know what it more important. And yes, you’ve demonstrated that time and time again. It shows how you brought up your issue with Jessica in a thread about somebody who was beaten and raped, as if they were of equal caliber. Stop with the disingenuousness; you were called out on your petty bullshit and wanted to turn around into how you’re the injured party by attempting (and poorly so) to misrepresent what I said.
    In your not-so-clever sleight-of-hand, you can’t even address me directly (which, if you really had felt I was an “assuming misandrist� then you would have done) and now to inject some credibility and humanity, you admit (only after you made clear what was really important to you, of course) you did something shitty … which you know was exactly what I was talking about.
    Anyway, last I saw of the case (I’ve been watching it on CNN between the Immigration Coverage and all), they aren’t going to call it a hate crime unless he dies.

14. Betsy Markum
    Posted May 19, 2006 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

I can’t believe it, my co-worker just bought a car for $33756. Isn’t that crazy!