Younger Women’s Task Force Meeting

Both Lauryn and I are in DC at the Younger Women’s Taskforce Meeting, a project of the National Council of Women’s Organizations. Having a great time, meeting some awesome women. We’ll give a full report on Monday…

Lauryn asking all the participants to write about their experience at the conference to possibly post on Feministing. Doesn’t she look so professional?

Young women at work…

1. Posted January 30, 2005 at 6:47 pm | Permalink

We could really use some more feminist perspectives on this new project.
    Feel free to participate!

2. Lexie
    Posted January 31, 2005 at 2:40 am | Permalink

Can’t wait to see the report! Jessica, are you planning on coming to our meetings for the NY region?
    Let me know, as I’m co-director.
    =]
    xox,
    Lexie

3. Jessica
    Posted January 31, 2005 at 11:24 am | Permalink

Lexie, I’m definitely coming to the NY meetings–just let me know when and where!

4. Posted January 31, 2005 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

Hello fellow YWTF Conference participants,
    I posted my initial reactions to the conference on my blog, Chicken Foot Stew – http://www.chickenfootstew.com
    I’m glad to see other younger women take advantage of new media.
    By the way, I originally assumed that your Vox commentor was one of you just stirring up shit and trying to get some reaction from your readers. Am I right?

5. Jessica
    Posted January 31, 2005 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

Cynthia–afraid not. Vox is our resident misogynist mascot…

6. Ryan
    Posted January 31, 2005 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

Cynthia–Vox is the resident bullshit alarm. Don’t be fooled into thinking that he is misgynist because he the biggest advocate of equal treatment on this site.

7. Jessica
    Posted January 31, 2005 at 6:16 pm | Permalink

this from the guy who called someone a “mangina”

8. Ryan
    Posted January 31, 2005 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

Do terms like “assholery” and “small penis” ring any bells with you, Jessica. You shouldn’t be acting like you have the moral high ground when you don’t.

9. Jessica
    Posted January 31, 2005 at 10:32 pm | Permalink

Yes, Ryan they do ring bells with me. I believe that these were both terms used concerning you. But unfortunately for your argument–it wasn’t me who used them.

10. Ryan
    Posted February 1, 2005 at 12:05 am | Permalink

Sorry, I got you confused with Amanda.
    I’ll have to remember that you are the civil one. Believe it or not that makes all the difference to me.